Nola26

Approximate price quote

I recently installed a 32 channel CCTV system at my police station. I currently have 22 cameras installed and another 7 on my desk waiting to be installed. So far I have spent $4500 on all parts and install accessories. The building I'm installing in is an old building that has been recently renovated. It is one story with most of the attic accessible. The outdoor cameras required me to get on a sissor lift and some indoor cameras are mounted on 15 ft ceilings. All cable runs are to one room and are at most 500ft. Some runs go to a connected building and the only wire access is through a PVC pipe which is also running all network wires.

What I want to know is how much a professional would have charged to install a system like this? I want to be able to prevent the cost savings to my boss. I would like an approximate price for all labor and equipment. Equipment is:

2 aver 16ch DVRs EH1116

http://www.cctvwholesalers.com/product_p/aver-eh1116h.htm

17 Full chip Sony super hadII IR dome cameras vandal proof and about the size of a golf ball.

http://www.cctvwholesalers.com/product_p/kg-650ir.htm

3 2.8-12mm vari focus outdoor IR cameras

http://www.cctvwholesalers.com/product_p/kg-hqir200vf%20effio.htm

3 larger vari focus dome cameras

http://www.cctvwholesalers.com/product_p/kg-602irvf.htm

2 of these cameras

http://www.cctvwholesalers.com/product_p/kg-hqir100vf%20effio.htm

Plus all Siamese cabeling, crimp on BNC, 12v whips, 2 18 outlet power patch panels, zip ties etc.....

Thanks for any and all responses.

It's hard to say for sure without seeing the site and how difficult some of the cable runs might be... but from the sound of it, you're probably looking at minimum two techs for a full week - 40 hours times two guys for a total 80 hours' labour, typical going rate in most parts of North America would be probably in the $85-$100/hr. range per installer... so probably $6800-$8000 just in labour costs (not counting things like lift rentals). Don't forget to allow for configuration time, aiming the cameras, troubleshooting, and you usually want to build in a little leeway for the inevitable two-days-after-you're-done service calls.

Edit: oops, miscounted... 29 cameras, add at least three more days (48 man-hours) to that.

What I want to know is how much a professional would have charged to install a system like this? I want to be able to prevent the cost savings to my boss. I would like an approximate price for all labor and equipment. Equipment is:

hi. i would keep my head down and not talk to your boss.

So far I have spent $4500 on all parts and install accessories

i think you need a new calculator. all your listed parts come to more than $4500.

DVRs and cameras not counting cable/ power units /monitors is $6.700

hi. i would keep my head down and not talk to your boss.

So far I have spent $4500 on all parts and install accessories

i think you need a new calculator. all your listed parts come to more than $4500.

DVRs and cameras not counting cable/ power units /monitors is $6.700

You're correct I didnt have the last invoice in front of me. But the prices from that site I linked to are not the prices I paid. I was just linking to them to show exactly what I have.

down here these projects always go on bids. we did a local station and competed with 5 other local companies. you are lucky they let you do the job. especially with avermedia

By my estimate the job should have cost to at least $3500 plus tax including your installation charges.

If I were you I'd start looking for another job!

It's hard to say for sure without seeing the site and how difficult some of the cable runs might be... but from the sound of it, you're probably looking at minimum two techs for a full week - 40 hours times two guys for a total 80 hours' labour, typical going rate in most parts of North America would be probably in the $85-$100/hr. range per installer... so probably $6800-$8000 just in labour costs (not counting things like lift rentals). Don't forget to allow for configuration time, aiming the cameras, troubleshooting, and you usually want to build in a little leeway for the inevitable two-days-after-you're-done service calls.

Edit: oops, miscounted... 29 cameras, add at least three more days (48 man-hours) to that.

In my area the county also requires a permit for any job of this size so you will need to check with your building inspector and see what permits will cost. The installer will also charge additional time for someone to be onsite for the inspection. If you are going through a firewall there will be additional cost for keeping the system up to fire code as well.

My advice is to call a couple local companies and request a RFQ for install and set up of customer owned equipment. Take the quotes to you purchasing department and see what they will let you do.

Hi.

What do you dislike about avermedia?

Just curious.

Thanks.

down here these projects always go on bids. we did a local station and competed with 5 other local companies. you are lucky they let you do the job. especially with avermedia

I know a lot of guys here will swear on avermedia but my personal experience wasn't good whenever we installed them. (PC based cards)

the pcs will crash way too often and the features are really limited compared to GV.

We ended up replacing all the avermedia systems with geovision within a year or two max.