NexusSolutions

Remember When?

I have only been in the low voltage industry for nine years, and in thosenine years a lot has changed. In a recent discussion with one of my techs I realized justhow much is taken for granted now and it got me thinking back years ago when I had started.

Remember when:

Dome cameras didn't ship assembled? You had to assemble the camera into the dome and the lens on the camera...

Having to manually focus cameras. (Even todays auto focus takes some tweaking but it is a big step)

Carrying a three ring binder with installation manual for the DVR you were working on.

Not having a cell to call tech support or customers (or just adequate coverage)

There is a long list to the "remember when" I would be interested in reading some of yours.

I remember Black and White cameras and only came in Full Bodies.. Also when as a wholesaler you could make money and from a sale... I remember techs that came for advise instead of now trying to tell you how the world works whatyou need to be doing to continue selling to them...

Yes the good old days... Now with the Internet everyones a expect cause it's on the net...

So yes I remember them and bring them back. Also so I could Invent Facebook lol

MM

I remember an annual preventative maintenance schedule for one customer's sites, that included running a head cleaner through their VCR, wiping the dust buildup off their CRTs, and re-stocking them with 31 brand-new T-160 tapes. Ahhh, those were the days. Wait... that was barely five years ago!

I remember using a mains powered 9" crt test monitor to adjust the focus on a tubed camera at the top of a 6m tower and using my oscilloscope most days.

I also remember seeing the first baxall ccd camera that was really poor resolution about 300tvl