XXX

Geovision remote playback problem

I am having problem with remote playback on a single computer. I can log in, and pull up the calendar of events but nothing happens when i click on an event to play it. this is only happening on a single computer.

Any suggestions? Is there a way to clean out the components downloaded to that computer and let them reinstall or something?

Thanks

yup, it's a connection over the internet. At the remote location I can connect properly with one computer and not another in the same room.

Interesting.....

Are you just attempting to play the files, or download/play?

You may just have to delete the RPB folder, delete the OCX Downloaded files from the Windows folder, and remove the registry keys and try to connect again. The only other reason I can think of is if this particular PC has limited RAM resources, but I am sure you have that covered.

scottj

Is this remote playback through the webcam or the Server/Client? Try just downloading the video file (don't hit Play) and see if it'll play back on Windows Media Player. Last thing, does that machine have onboard video? What about the one that does work?

Like andy said, is this with the RP software, or the browser based. Personally I wouldnt use the browser myself for this, but let us know.

If it is the Softare itself, uninstall and delete any software related to it, delete the program file. Reinstall and see what happens.

Worst case scenerio PM us something to test remotely.

Rory