DenPureVideo

GrandStream GXV3651_FHD (5MP Camera)

Has anyone evaluated the Grandstream Model #: GXV3651_FHD (5MP) Camera?

If so, we would surely love to hear your comments/opinions on this camera.

If you have some Day and/or Night stills please Post them.

Thanks,

Den

I don't know anything about that camera but frankly it is way too inexpensive for me to consider. OTOH, maybe it is the deal of the century.

I don't think Blue Iris will support that at full resolution. 2MP is the most I've heard BI working with.

I don't know anything about that camera but frankly it is way too inexpensive for me to consider. OTOH, maybe it is the deal of the century.

I don't think Blue Iris will support that at full resolution. 2MP is the most I've heard BI working with.

One site had this camera being the Grandstream GXV3651_FHD for $283, good price for a 5MP.

Your right that full HD res. 16:9 would be 2MP (1920h x 1080v = 1080p), but the pixels would be there for one when one wants to digitally zoom in, right?

BI is showing support for it also.

BI supports my Arecont AV5105DN 5MP cam, but the frame rate isn't very good, and it really chews up the CPU cycles. I haven't spent much time troubleshooting or tweaking yet, though.

BI supports my Arecont AV5105DN 5MP cam, but the frame rate isn't very good, and it really chews up the CPU cycles. I haven't spent much time troubleshooting or tweaking yet, though.

Ken, shows the Grandstream GXV36XX RTSP being supported in B.I.

Using H.264 compression, hoping to get 15fps at 1920x1080 (HD 1080p), but specs show 30fps at this max. video resolution.

Specs state it has a High Performance Streaming server to allow for up to 3 Simultaneous 1080p viewers.

I guess we will see if we end up trying one out.

My CPU util. is at around 35% right now w/ the i7 Intel CPU w/ 7 cams running, so I should have enough headroom.

Den

MaxIcon, can you POST some day/night stills off that Arecont Vision 5MP camera.

Thanks,

Den

Thanks,

Den

I should be able to in a few days. It's not connected right now, but I can pop a lens on it and get some shots.

Thanks,

Den

I should be able to in a few days. It's not connected right now, but I can pop a lens on it and get some shots.

Max, pop a lens on that puppy, and crank up the fps and data xfer rate to max w/ 5MP and see what it can do, then POST a couple pics.

Cheers,

Den

Am just wondering why Grandstream is not a serious contender in the IP Camera business up against Arecont Vision, AXIS, Vivotek, ACTi, etc. who seem to have a large segment of the industry?

Does anyone know why this is?

-- Den --

If you have some Day and/or Night stills please Post them.

Here are some day stills from a GXV3651_FHD aimed at our front entry doors.

http://www.mechbgon.com/entryway.jpg

http://www.mechbgon.com/entryway_2.jpg

http://www.mechbgon.com/entryway3.jpg

It could use a WDR feature; when it's really bright outside, it gets a bit swamped. Its main role is, of course, to be a visible deterrent for anyone considering armed robbery, and secondarily to get a good description of them for the police; we're not trying for award-winning photography here

At night, our front porch is lit by overhead lights, so the camera's stills of people walking past the door become blurry. That's acceptable, since its role is daytime surveillance. Behind the black glare shield in the upper-right corner of the window, I have a GXV3615WP_HD with the shutter speed locked at 1/100th second, and its photos are a bit on the dim side as a result, but have acceptable clarity to actually identify people at close range if the need arose (vandalism being a likely reason).

Hope that's helpful.

We have sold quite a bit of the Grandstream cameras and customers have been pretty happy. It works well with Milestone VMS as well.