tiuhenrick

Reader Access Mode in LENEL

The current system set up is that, I have an Dual Reader Interface module controlling a single door. On my entry is a reader, on my exit are reader, push button and break glass, the door have door contact and Electromagnetic Lock.

If I change the Reader Access Mode of ENTRY only to UNLOCKED...the door is free access (entry and exit without pushing the push button) but when I change the Reader Access Mode of EXIT only to UNLOCKED, I need to push the push button to open the door.

Any idea? Please advise.

Hello Jeffkelvin34,

thanks for your response. these two readers are of same door..thus in the reader configuration at administration, the reader 1 has a dual interface reader of reader 2. not either a primary or alternate reader...

please advise. thanks!

If im not mistaken...you need to set up on the options/settings page of the readers the master and slave ... checking off the entry as the master and exit as slave...and on the main reader page...make sure in the right hand corner the primary reader on the exit reader is set to the entry reader..

Hope that helps.. One thing i hate about lenel...if your not certified you dont get tech support...and if the clients support is expired ...no help either.

If im not mistaken...you need to set up on the options/settings page of the readers the master and slave ... checking off the entry as the master and exit as slave...and on the main reader page...make sure in the right hand corner the primary reader on the exit reader is set to the entry reader..

Hope that helps.. One thing i hate about lenel...if your not certified you dont get tech support...and if the clients support is expired ...no help either.

We had hardware questions on the front end before the server was even installed and they wouldn't help us because we didn't have a dongle ID!

They finally helped us and were smart asses about it.

We were trying to wire the 1100 readers to NGP 1320 boards. He said "Pull up the manual on your server and it's there" We no it wasn't. After all was said and done the 1100 wasn't even compatible with the 1320 NGP board. Been nice to know that up front.

We had hardware questions on the front end before the server was even installed and they wouldn't help us because we didn't have a dongle ID!

We were trying to wire the 1100 readers to NGP 1320 boards. He said "Pull up the manual on your server and it's there" We no it wasn't. After all was said and done the 1100 wasn't even compatible with the 1320 NGP board. Been nice to know that up front.

Actually...if your go to start then programs on the server or workstation. look for OnGuard(yearversion) and click on that and look for Documentation folder...in there is manuals for everything from hardware to software to crystal reports ...

Actually...if your go to start then programs on the server or workstation. look for OnGuard(yearversion) and click on that and look for Documentation folder...in there is manuals for everything from hardware to software to crystal reports ...

You sound like you work for them. The server wasn't installed yet!

You let me know when you find the documentation to marry a LNL-XF1100D reader to a NGP-1320u board.

You sound like you work for them.

lmao.....nooo.....i took the classes im master certified and every year i have to take a refresher course....which is mostly a product class on any new stuff...lol

I went on the lenel site and downloaded the NGP hardware installation guide....its 4.14 mb dont know how i can send it to you if you want it... my aol only allows 2mb..

im clueless to ngp...only dealt with LNL stuff

Yea so am I.

We had about 30 readers wired up and couldn't get them to work. After about 2 days back and forth with Lenel they set it up and their lab. That's when they told us the reader wasn't compatible with that board.