nazz

How to find the IP of the UDP camera?

Hi All,

I have UDP Technology IP cameras (http://www.udptechnology.com/) but there is a no particular software which can search the IP of the cameras from the network.

Does any one has idea how to find the IP of the UDP camera manually or is there any particular software which can scan the IPs?

"For technical support please email support@udptechnology.com" - bet they have just such a utility.

Otherwise, you could try resetting the camera to factory defaults - most will have a button for this somewhere - and see if that makes it switch to DHCP... then check your router's DHCP tables to see what IP the camera pulls.

Thanks for your suggestion, however I tried to reset the camera to make DHCP enable but still couldn't find the IP of the camera. In terms of sending an email to support, I already did two days ago but haven't received any replay yet.

I also tried to convert MAC address to IP but that option is still does not work.

Is there any other alternative?

You can't "convert" a MAC address to IP; there's no direct correlation between the two.

If you're using a broadband router for your network, it should have a DHCP server to provide client devices with IP addresses suitable for that network. There should be a log or a page that displays the DHCP table or some other way for it to show you what devices have what IP. Assuming the camera defaults to using DHCP after a reset, that should show the MAC address of the camera along with the IP it's been assigned... similar to this:

194280_1.png

The router dns table is probably your best bet as mentioned above. Another good alternative is nmap, it'll find the ip and then you can search for the ports on the device.

That said, I've been in the same predicament where the camera won't get DHCP for some reason and it defaults to something that isn't on your routers IP range. The only real workaround I've found for that is to hook a laptop and the camera into a single switch and check the arp table, the camera usually shows up that way.

I hope "ipscan" can help you to find the ip of your camera. However, you can try to connect your camera directly to your pc and give an ip to your pc in which rang that you suppose it is the rang of camera.Then use ipscan to search for your camera ip address.