This is Andy from Netpromax.

Any question about Netpromax DVR, or any PC-based DVR, is welcome.

I would love to learn and share in this forum.

Thanks.

Hi and welcome.

I actually have a client using your DVRs, would like to know what is required to stream live audio, he has the mic hooked up the the PCs Mic input, and all good. But wont stream the audio, couldnt find out if there was another port needed to forwarded or not?

I dont know the exact model but it is a 16 channel.

Thanks

Rory

Port 2003.

We generally recommend opening ports 2002-2004

2002 : Video (configurable in setup)

2003 : Audio (before version 4.00)

2004 : POS and Automatic Video Popup

New version integrates video and audio into 1 file (only 2002 is needed)

Check on live audio in Client software.

Thanks.

Yep she works now.

Thanks.

UPDATE:

Okay guys, I have a Louroe V-A mic hooked up to the mic input on the PC, and it streams the audio like im sitting there, very crisp and clean, I have to say the best streaming audio Ive heard yet (besides Skype of course )

Remote Software is good too, multi view, and is very clear.

Local software is good also, for SEARCH it has a type of disk map, multi view playback, zoom in and out, full screen, though I didnt notice any features like smart search such as with Iview, nor thunbnail search as with Geo.

Only drawback for myself I can see, is it doesnt appear to be Multi Site Multi View Software, it does do multi Site, though It seems it will do a max of 16 camera multi views. Still havent had a chance to play with the Multi site yet.

Also couldnt get the DDNS working though it has a tick box for that. I also couldnt use my DynDns,org address for it, only works with the router, even after port forwarding. Im sure it will work, but the user manual doesnt mention it.

The user manual could really use some more work.

But over all it is decent software, with US Tech Support. The hardware seems to be solid also.

Rory

Edited by Guest

I apologize for lack of information in manual. We are working on variety of documents that will make things a lot easier to understand.

1. Multi Site/Camera

Our FX CLient can connect up to 128 DVRs simultaneously

Plus, you launch multiple clients with different connections. Try to move it around. If you have multiple monitors, you can have creative monitoring schems.

[setup]->Screen Configuration

You will see 16 divisions. For each division 1st box is for site (If you have any site added you will see here). 2nd box is for camera.

On top, there's group number.

You can be creative, and multiple camera arrangement group. Group is created only when you add new site. You can add same site with different site code, and create multiple group settings. Some corporate users use the group settings & multiple monitors to toggle between 100's of cameras in multiple locations.

2. DDNS

We have our own secure DDNS exclusively for Netpromax users. No cumbersome registration required. Much more secure & faster IP retrieval.

In DVR,

[setup]->[Network]->Enable Dynamic IP->ceate any name (i.e.'rory'), and check duplication, register

Done!

Connect with this name(i.e. 'rory') through FX client.

If you want to use the DDNS name created with 3rd party website, simply create that same name in DVR and register. This is only for convenience for sticking to that name.

Tip : Always make sure you create unique access name and password (in [setup]->[Network])

Level 1 : Master - View/Playback/Setup

Level 2 : View/Playback

Level 3 : View only

You can hide some cameras for limited view. There is no limit of users. 256 Users can connect to DVR simultaneously (This is of course in theoretical setup with high high high speed connection with large large bandwidth)

Andy:

I am in the middle of havng 3 816 DVR's installed in my facility.

They're all on the network and part of our internal domain. They all have static IP addreses.

I have a couple of questions.

1. Is there any way to view any camera(s) from a pc on my network without having to install and run the FXClient software?

2. Are there any scripting capabilities in the software to allow me to auto-login and bring up a Group on-screen automatically?

3. I notice that when I launch the client, log in and then minimize to the sytem tray/taskbar, that after a while I get a Disconnect popup. Is this due to an inacvtivity timeout? Is there any way to prevent it?

I know I'll have a few more questions, but help with these would be tremendous for now.

Any assistance or guidance is most appreciated.

Thanks

Larry

Are you using LAN IP? or WAN IP?

I would prefer using LAN connection which reduces disconnection..

1. FX CLient is required to connect and view

2. Auto login feature is not available in current version. You can set up groups with different camera settings. Add new site with one of the DVR IPs. (This probably will become group 4) Go to set up, and configure cameras from any of 3 DVRs. On the right top you will see group pullout box. Once you make connections to all 3 DVRs and the 4th one with custom conf, you can switch between these groups. Do the same for alternate configuration. This is useful to view only significant areas for monitoring. Another option will be multiple clients. You can launch as many client software as possible, and you can drag them around on screen. If you have multiple monitors, you can view various sets of cameras on all the clients launched.

3. We did not build any timeout in software. Disconnection msg pops only when the connection is too slow or lost. Let me know if you set it up with LAN or WAN IP.

Thanks.

The IP is part of our LAN, inside our firewall.

Do you have any plans to offer a solution for 'quick-viewing' in a future version of the software, or to make a camera available as a webcam from within the program?

Its strange about the popup, becasue we're on a wired LAN, (my desk is 10' below the DVR in the server room upstairs ,and I've got both wired and wireless connections to the network.) The popup appears but sometimes it doesn't disconnect the cameras! I'll keep an eye on it and see if a pattern develops.

You mention 'current version' regarding autologin....Is this a feature in a future version? If not, have you ever (or heard of anyone) seen scripts to execute the process?

I already have groups set up within my application for each of the DVR's and a fourth that has just my 'favorite' cameras on it.

If you are working on a new version and need beta testers, please let me know.

Thanks

I have a netpromax fx series dvr that i just installed, and i would like to configure it so that i can view the camera outputs on multiple hdtvs. I have the monitors hooked up so that windows is in extended desktop mode, and they are in an over/under configuration. One of the monitors is hooked up to the VGA output and the other to the DVI hookup, both of which are integrated outputs for the video card. PLEASE HELP????

We currently have the FX204 system and when trying to run the program, we get a "BOARD NOT FOUND" message on the screen. Do you think by replacing the internal DVR the problem would be fixed? any ideas?

thanks.

Hi, i too have a problem with the board not found msg. does anyone here have a solution to that?

Hi, I am a Mac user and in order to use my FX Client for remote viewing I am forced to use Citrix. Does anyone know if there is a Mac equivalent that I could use to directly connect? Tks

Hello,

this is Andy from NetPromax.

Thanks for using NetPromax products.

Unfortunately FX series does not work on Mac.

You will need Parallel+Windows Full version to run FX client on Mac. (Must have Intel CPU)

There is currently no plan for Mac integration.

FYI, Parallel is a must-have app for Mac in my opinion, and this is still cheaper than having DVR that has Mac-compatible client software. (Which may not be as good anyways)

For any question, post here.

thank you.

Hello,

this is Andy from NetPromax.

Thanks for using NetPromax products.

Unfortunately FX series does not work on Mac.

You will need Parallel+Windows Full version to run FX client on Mac. (Must have Intel CPU)

There is currently no plan for Mac integration.

FYI, Parallel is a must-have app for Mac in my opinion, and this is still cheaper than having DVR that has Mac-compatible client software. (Which may not be as good anyways)

For any question, post here.

thank you.

Hi Andy

you also might want to give this a try, might work for the client software.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=19615

Rory

It should, as you can see I was able to get the Geovision one working even with all the codecs they use. I dont have a mac right now to test though, but once you get it working with Wine in Linux then it should work on the Mac with that Wine setup I linked to. I have a Laptop with Ubuntu Linux here so if you need me to test let me know, but you could always just create a Virtual Box Ubuntu Setup also for testing. I did have issues with other software and database files but that could probably be fixed by installing mdac etc.

Rory

hello,

I have several systems of netpromax, and majority of them use the HICAP50 dvr card. is there other cards on the market that are faster and compatible with the existing dvr systems we got.

there are more than 20 systems that I want to update with the minimum cost to me. I do not want to change entire dvr systems.

The systems are the F204, F208, F308, F716 series. are great, but the recording capability is to slow. I also discovered in the market some new cards HDCAP 100,200, from comart sys, which is the same maker of the HICAP 50 card. if not can a HICAP 100, be a replacement for the HICAP 50. I also noticed the other DVR cards from comart sys.

I want the most for the investment. If there is a higher resolution and fast performer I would prefer the information.

I work for a non-profit org with a small budget.

thanks for any advice

According to device manager, I have a "Netpromax 3RD DVR BOARD CAPT 2 XP"

What 3rd party software is available or can I use for this hardware?

Ultimately, I would like to be able to monitor them remotely via mobile (i.e. android).

If no other software is compatible, should I just use citrix?

I have a DVR from a Netpromax system that ran WinXP.... simple set up 4 channel card model HICAP25. Short story I thought it may be better served using Linux as the OS but I find it difficult finding drivers for the card. Any ideas?

thanks.

Do you guys happen to know if there are any apps for the Iphone or Android that work with the Netpromax DVRs?

dumped them a while ago, seems they have gone MIA.

Doubtful if there is any mobile app as wasnt much smart phones back then.

dumped them a while ago, seems they have gone MIA.

Doubtful if there is any mobile app as wasnt much smart phones back then.

Thanks, I was googling their company info, found out they are close to me, about 10 mins away but I read that they went out of business a while ago. I was just hoping that one of those generic apps on the app store/marketplace would work. It seems to be a hit or miss with those apps.

Has anyone found an iPhone app that will work with the NetProMax stuff? I have a client that we installed one for them a couple years back and they would like to monitor it on the iphone but NetProMax went out of business (no support? wow) I had them setup to monitor from home with the CMS software that came with the unit and it works fine. I used dyndns for the dns server and it works.