PaulsonLaw

CCTV for your car, what's yours before I order???

I really want to get a system in my SUV...

For under $150 I found....

A 2ch, Automotive DVR, 2 video ins & i audio in, 32GB SD or HCSD<? It also has a A/V out..

$65

A 2.5" color/audio monitor, 12v

$20

Powered microphone

One License plate mount IR cam, 120degrees

On grill mount IR cam, 120degreed

I see all these all-in-one st-up that go on your windshield, but someone would just steal it w/ everything else lol...

If you have a set-up, what is it plz?

Well considering that my company has a truck with 11 cameras and as satellite uplink on it, I may be a little over your budget but I am a HUGE fan of the Seneca Xvault mobile NVR. That thing is a flipping beast! You can run up to 8 cameras on it with full vibration protection and with solid state drives it is ready for anything you can throw at it!

I too am looking for a small black box solution for my daughter's car. I have seen a few in the 250 to 400 range, but I want one that shows both the interior and exterior of the car. I have found most of the cool one by searching for "taxi cameras". Hope that helps.

I'm currently using a discontinued Crest Electronics mobile DVR. CDR-2104N Series I believe. Its from an old school bus. I have been looking to replace it because it eats hard drives because of the heat. I am testing a zmodo DVR to put in my Jeep as a replacement because it can handle slightly higher temps than the crest DVR and I have an old SSD to throw in it. The DVR also takes 12V which is one of the other reasons I picked it.

As for cameras, I have a reverse camera hooked up on the back, And a cheap chinese one on the front. I'd like to replace it with a wide angle camera and mount it inside, facing the front and another facing the interior.

Ill also be able to hook it up to my router and remote into it with my phone. cuz Im a nerd like that.

I've actually been asked a few times by people if I had any recommendations for how to do this, but I never have an answer beyond the various mobile dvrs and a dash cam.

Two people in particular want cameras in their side mirrors looking back at the doors to the vehicle. Anybody know of a company that provides such a product?

Two people in particular want cameras in their side mirrors looking back at the doors to the vehicle. Anybody know of a company that provides such a product?

I am sitting in my car zipping down the road right now so I am staring at my side mirror as I type this and that would be VERY tricky! It would certainly have to be a pinhole lens, but you would also have to take power mirrrors into consideration. How do you account for the movement of the mirror in any sort of normal fashion and still provide a reasonable view?

If you used those blind spot mirrors (I call them Korean mirrors because everyone over there had them when I lived there) then you have a much easier option for mounting and unobstructed view. Here is a picture of the mirror I am talking about:

196917_1.jpg