Hi Everyone

I have been trying to find an answer to this question and so far no luck, hopefully someone here can help.

I work as a residential caravan park manager, which has CCTV, 3 still cameras and 2 360degree cameras on large poles, the rotating cameras stop at places on the park for 5 seconds, but when it gets to our residence it stops for 15 seconds. It does not show any part of the park, just our patio doors and garden. When I asked about this the owner said it is her house and she can stop the camera there for as long as she wants.

As I live in the house, is this not an invasion of privacy, and if so can I get it in writing anywhere?

Where in the world are you? Laws differ depending...

But generally, if they are viewing YOUR property, they should NOT be - and you can certainly tell them not to, and get the law involved if needed.

There is probably some wiggle room for what is considered an invasion, but if its really just stopping and staring directly into your property that is not right.

And the way things happen - you'll be standing nude by your window, the camera will stop, she'll see you then have you arrested for indecent exposure.

Being the person I am I'd do something like this:

Is it art or the one-finger salute?

http://www.sltrib.com/utah/ci_4188445

I know this doesn't help you, but your story just reminded me of it. I hope you can get the issue resolved. Maybe try talking to the local police?

CCTV cameras are mostly used for security purposes, but at the same time should not hamper anyone's privacy. It is good only till when it is used for viewing the property, but not beyond that.

If you pay rent and have a formal rental agreement to live in the house as a docile,

that implies in law that you have a reasonable expectation to privacy regardless of

who owns the property. This legal principal would apply in most civilized countries

of the world. Have a legal representative write the owner a letter warning them not

they have no right to view "your" property.

They may collect rental but may collect nothing else and if you pay your rent and

look after the property in a reasonable manner they have no legal rights over you

unless they can show reasonable cause for concern. i.e the property being used for illegal purposes etc.