jamesetherton99

need help with ptz

Hello. Can someone please tell me how I would connect a ptz camera to my dvr. I Notice that is does not have a "normal" RS485 interface, but rather a db25 male connection. Would I need some kind of converter or should I just go straight into pins 1 and 14 of the rs232C male interface? (pinout data below). This dvr is an Icatch rebranded.

Here are the pinouts, from the manual:

>

>

>

> DB 25 definition

>

>

>

> 1 RS485_B

>

> 2 RLY1_COM

>

> 3 GND

>

> 4 ALARMN2

>

> 5 ALARMN4

>

> 6 ARARMN6

>

> 7 ALARMN8

>

> 8 GND

>

> 9

>

> 10

>

> 11

>

> 12

>

> 13

>

> 14 RS485_A

>

> 15 RLY1-NO

>

> 16 RLY1_NC

>

> 17 ALARMN1

>

> 18 ALARMN3

>

> 19 ALARMN5

>

> 20 ALARMN7

>

> 21

>

> 22

>

> 23

>

> 24

>

> 25

>

thanks.

James

use RS 485A and RS 485B only for PTZ

well....duh...yeah. I assume you mean the negative and positive control wires? I know that. My question is, how do i connect the two wires to pins 1 and 14 (R485_A, R485_B) of the male rs232c interface sticking out of my dvr. it does NOT have the "normal" (light green) interface. I since have got an answer from Raymond at Zmodo. He says just to attach the wires to the pins. I think I will see if a one pin header can be modified. I think that there *may* be enough room between pins for the small adapter. Maybe even a 1 pin header like from a pc fan? But I don't know if that's too small. I have forgotten so much of this IT, I need to go back and look again.

Thanks for the info. tho.

James

use RS 485A and RS 485B only for PTZ

well....duh...yeah. I assume you mean the negative and positive control wires? I know that. My question is, how do i connect the two wires to pins 1 and 14 (R485_A, R485_B) of the male rs232c interface sticking out of my dvr. it does NOT have the "normal" (light green) interface. I since have got an answer from Raymond at Zmodo. He says just to attach the wires to the pins. I think I will see if a one pin header can be modified. I think that there *may* be enough room between pins for the small adapter. Maybe even a 1 pin header like from a pc fan? But I don't know if that's too small. I have forgotten so much of this IT, I need to go back and look again.

Thanks for the info. tho.

James

You can attach the wires directly to these pins, but they will eventually fall out. I would go to a local computer parts store, pick up a DB25 female plug, disassemble it, connect and solder the wires into the female DB25 and then plug that in. It's a little more work, but this is more secure.