bigerk

need help setting up remote viewing with 2wire

i have a CIB DVR, not sure the name of the program running on it but its a linux based, im having trouble trying to set up remote viewing for on my iphone, i got it to work under my wifi network but cant figure out how to get it to work over 3 or 4g. does anyone know of a video or instruction manual or if some one is willing to help me set it up, that would be great, thanks

The first thing to find out is which ports need to be forwarded in your router for remote viewing. I didn't see this information on their website, but call or send an email and see if they can provide a manual for the model you have &/or provide the port numbers.

i have a manual for this but i tried everything it says and its almost like the manual i have is for an older dvr they sold. im just not sure if att blocks port forwarding or anything like that. and im a lil confused on what all im needing to do with a dns ive signed up for.

What is the model number of the DVR and which iphone APP are you using? Did you open any ports in

your router yet? Did you assign ports that you want to open in the DVR? Is the DDNS you using from

the DVR manufacturer?

CIB K808AV500G H.264 8 CH Network Security Surveillance DVR Recording System 500GB.

thats the model i bought, heres a link to the amazon page

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004XUJYAA/ref=pe_175190_21431760_M2T1_SC_dp_1

and it wasnt very clear on setting up a dns, i just read online to set up a dns so i found a free one. it was a cheap dvr and the app for my iphone it told me to use was called kmeye.

i have a manual for this but i tried everything it says and its almost like the manual i have is for an older dvr they sold.

Call or email for an updated manual then

Or make sure the ports mentioned in the manual are the same ports configured in your DVR. Please report what these port numbers are, along with the internal IP address of the DVR and the make/model of your DSL modem/router.

im just not sure if att blocks port forwarding or anything like that.

Typically not. I've setup port forwarding at hundreds of locations with AT&T DSL (and now Uverse) Internet service. I've never run into any port blocking on their network - except outgoing email on port 25.

and im a lil confused on what all im needing to do with a dns ive signed up for.

First let's accomplish configuring your AT&T router and DVR for remote access, then we'll resolve that issue. Essentially what it does is it allows you to connect to your DVR using a url, like a .com, .net or .org address instead of having to use the IP address assigned to your DSL modem/router which can change (called a dynamic IP address) if you don't pay a monthly fee for an IP address that does not change (called a static IP address).

ok heres the network section of my dvr

type - STATIC

media port - 9000

web port - 80

ip address - 192.168.1.67

sub mask - 255.255.255.0

gateway - 192.168.1.254

dns1

dns2

upnp

what do i put for dns1 dns2 and upnp, and do i need to put the "type" on static or.....

DHCP

PPPOE

3G

and does it look like all the other numbers are correct?

OK, that's great, thanks.

Keep the IP Address static at 192.168.1.67

DNS1 can be the same as your Gateway: 192.168.1.254

Don't be concerned with UPNP, PPPOE or 3G

Now, in your router you'll need to configure ports 80 and 9000 to forward to 192.168.1.67. Sometimes the modem/router needs to be restarted for the settings to take effect, so read all messages that may appear.

Then, to connect to the DVR outside your network whether it be 3G or the Internet at another location you'll need to use the IP address assigned to your DSL Modem. To find this address go to http://www.ipchicken.com. That's the address you'll need to use in your phone to connect via 3G.

After this starts working then we can configure the dynamic dns service.

If you don't know how to forward the ports in your router post the make & model.

heres a screen shot of what my routers port forwarding i did. im not sure if i have this right.

the make a model of my router is 2wire 3600HGV

and do you have an email address so we can contact by email if your not on the forum?

Edited by Guest

It looks like your doing a port range. I would do 2 rules. One for port 80 tcp and one for port 9000 tcp. And it looks

like the IP that its forwarding to is a different IP than your DVR. You listed your DVR as IP 192.168.1.67 and

your port forward rule is showing 99.21.81.115.

vector18 is correct. Change the rules so it's 80-80 and 9000-9000, not 80-9000 and have it forward to 192.168.1.67. Create 2 rules for each, one TCP and one UDP, so you should have 4 entries total. The IP address starting 99.x.x.x is most likely your WAN IP address - what is assigned to the router by the ISP and the address you would use in your phone when connecting via 3G or other Internet connection.

For security sake, delete the image from your post.

vector18 - if you could edit the address from your post that would be nice

As far as email - you can always send a PM which I'll get a notification via email. However, you're almost there.

Ok thanks, I'm at work now but I'll try the other way tonight and see what happens

Hi. we know your router as a BT 2 wire. does it look like this ???

196085_1.jpg

if so forget adding your DVR ip to it. when you have all connected go into router and look at devices connected. you will see all your devices as Mac addresses. you may ned to unplug your dvr and back in to see which its mac address is. then write it down.

go to services and then dropdown box and look for your dvr mac address then click firewall and you can then give the mac address a name i.e CCTV then below ports allow enter yours then save and log out

tomcctv is correct, but it can be done either way. In fact (no kidding) I just did an AT&T UVerse installation today with that exact router.

In my opinion they took something simple and made it difficult. First you need to add two new applications, name them something like DVR80 and DVR9000 with the appropriate port numbers configured, then choose your device from the list and map the applications to it.

Here's a step by step guide:

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB413180&cv=812,506&title=Setting+up+Port+Forwarding#fbid=VS3gQDZErw1

heres how i have it now, is this correct.... and under public ip, i didnt choose that. way over on the left where it says cctv dvr.... that used to say the ip address of the dvr but i renamed it, it still has an ip address of 192.168.1.67

what do i need to do next?

scrnsht.thumb.png.9b7547c2b377d01ea32854a78fb69852.png

Ok thanks, I'm at work now but I'll try the other way tonight and see what happens

Hi. we know your router as a BT 2 wire. does it look like this ???

196085_1.jpg

if so forget adding your DVR ip to it. when you have all connected go into router and look at devices connected. you will see all your devices as Mac addresses. you may ned to unplug your dvr and back in to see which its mac address is. then write it down.

go to services and then dropdown box and look for your dvr mac address then click firewall and you can then give the mac address a name i.e CCTV then below ports allow enter yours then save and log out

yes it looks like that one... i will maybe try your way if this other way doesnt work

Try connecting via 3G or the Internet using the public IP address. Note: if you try connecting to the public IP address while connected to your internal network it may not work. You need to try from a different network. If your phone is connected to your wifi, turn wifi off and 3G on.

Try connecting via 3G or the Internet using the public IP address. Note: if you try connecting to the public IP address while connected to your internal network it may not work. You need to try from a different network. If your phone is connected to your wifi, turn wifi off and 3G on.

on my iphone app?

i tried typing it in my iphone browser and it says... this program can only be run on windows

Use the public IP address in the iphone app, not the browser. Sounds like it's going to work since you got a response which is a good sign.

Use the public IP address in the iphone app, not the browser. Sounds like it's going to work since you got a response which is a good sign.

what port do i put for it, i tried 80 and 9000 but neither worked

heres what its asking for and what i put in for the app settings

name - home

address - 99.xx.xx.xxx

port - 80

user id - my user id

password - password

Can you access the dvr with your phone over your wifi network using the internal ip address of the dvr?

yea i have no problem doing that, but it tells me to use port 15961 for internal access

This is a Uverse router which throws everyone off. I have one here at my house. Here is what you need to do:

It looks like you already made a user defined application judging by your screenshot. That part is correct, next you need to go back to the Firewall>Applications, Pinholes, and DMZ page

Here you will see the part that says "Select a computer". Be sure to select your DVR from the list (SEE FIRST PIC)

Then you will add your user defined application from the application list (SEE SECOND PIC)

Also, if you are not sure which is your DVR from the select a computer list. You can go to the routers home page and it will show all of your attached devices and you can click on the Device Details to see the IP of each device. (SEE THIRD PIC)

Untitled.jpg.fff6d362669c08d084f0c75caef05c30.jpg

Untitled2.jpg.13f11a8e3d1213d7e7dad2937f122668.jpg

Untitled3.jpg.ca0cf050dd1be4f4fcde0f50f2e20e30.jpg

This is a Uverse router which throws everyone off. I have one here at my house. Here is what you need to do:

It looks like you already made a user defined application judging by your screenshot. That part is correct, next you need to go back to the Firewall>Applications, Pinholes, and DMZ page

Here you will see the part that says "Select a computer". Be sure to select your DVR from the list (SEE FIRST PIC)

Then you will add your user defined application from the application list (SEE SECOND PIC)

Also, if you are not sure which is your DVR from the select a computer list. You can go to the routers home page and it will show all of your attached devices and you can click on the Device Details to see the IP of each device. (SEE THIRD PIC)

im pretty sure ive already done this... tell me if this is correct

scrnsht2.thumb.png.27469fbdf72b0aa8a8ddf23df4db60ac.png

Can you access the dvr with your phone over your wifi network using the internal ip address of the dvr?

yea i have no problem doing that, but it tells me to use port 15961 for internal access

Open a pinhole for port port 15961 in the router just like 80 and 9000, map it to the dvr and try using that port when trying to access the DVR remotely.