Ralos

New Dahua DVR

Hi. its been out for a long time. For the price it is very limited to other better hybrids out there.

even with another hybrid you can run 16 1mp cameras and not be limited as you will be with the dahua / hikvision.

Thank you for the info.

I was comparing the hybrid from Empire Security with the one from another source and the one from the other source is limited to D1 resolution for the CCTV cameras. Are these Dahuas the same?

I was seriously considering the Dahua hybrid. What other hybrids were you referring to and what are the cost comparisons?

Thank you!

If your going to spend the money on a 960H, why not go to IP system? Why are you considering 960H?

960H is a gimmick.

I like the Mona Lisa cameras with the day/night or low lux ability and the cost of the cameras. IP cameras in my opinion are rather expensive for what you get. I do have 2 older panasonic IP cameras that I will be using.

My application is a residential setting with basically one entrance to monitor so I figure I don't need anything fancy but would like to get decent cctv cameras. The hybrid dvr offers me more flexibility as I expand.

The hybrid dvr offers me more flexibility as I expand.

hi. not with a Dahua ...... its limited from the start. its not a true hybrid.... your limitd both with analog and ip if using the 960h hybrid.

I do have 2 older panasonic IP cameras that I will be using.

with older cameras. they are fine but if the software was done before Onvif then you are going to be stuck if dahua does not have a workable patch to enable your cameras to work

Thank you for all the information. I am getting more confused though.

In what ways are you limited with analog?

Would you have any suggestions for any hybrids that would apply to my setup or should I go pure analog? How are the dahuas that are strictly analog?

I have 2 Panasonic BL-C1 ip cameras.

Thank you for all the great information!

I am looking to do something similar to the original poster for the thread and I am equally confused. I need to update my system from analog to ip but do not want to change out everything at once. I only have 4 cameras to replace and was looking at the same dvr as they were.

http://www.dahuasecurity.com/File/201112/20111229153142985.pdf

What is a better recommendation that you are talking about?

Iwas also looking at bullet cameras but do not want to replace the cables. what is recommended for that also?

thanks

gesualdo

the Aver does not appear to have all the features the Dahua dvr does or am I mistaken? Would one of the others from them serve better or move to an 8 channel that will have larger resolutions with fewer cameras?

A fairer comparison to the Dahua DVR in the pdf link posted would be the Aver EH6216H, not the Nano. Wasn't sure a 16CH system was wanted. Although the 16CH Aver Nano Hybrid is decent, take a look at the EH6216H. I'm sure whatever you decide to go with will suit your purposes - just throwing another idea out there for ya

Thanks groovyman,

16 channel is more than I wanted but if I need to go there to get features and without limitations(?) for future upgrades to system then thats where we go.

Gesualdo