then1509

Help......Avtech 760 4ch dvr...

Somebody help......

After i hard reset at the m/b, can't boot/no display....Even the power led isn't on.....then it "beep" only....hdd is not running also.....

A hardware reset will not "kill" your DVR.

I will assume that you reset the DVR but used the wrong "contact" points. If this is the case then you will need to look at the parts in that circuit and see if the parts can be replaced.

If you were doing a proper reset and the DVR died and you have no lights then we need to start here:

You have an external power supply. What is the voltage coming out of it with a volt meter?

Does the brick power supply have a green led light on it? Some do and some do not. If it has a light is it lit?

If you have proper voltage coming out of the power supply then I would open the DVR and check the voltage at the hard drive. If you have voltage at the hard drive then I would take a brand new hard drive (do not format with a computer) and see if the DVR works. If yes then you are good to go.

If no then the internal power supply needs to be repaired. If not the power supply then a crystal or something has died and there is a dead "oscillator".

Is it worth buying a modern H.264 AVTech DVR?

I have aslo problem witth my DVR avtech 760

He make always noisy and not open system load windows

please help me

I am Sorry for bad English

Have a computer friend check the hard drive.

See if it is getting voltage to the hard drive, and try a replacement hard drive.

Use a new hard drive and do not format it from a computer. Just place the new hard drive staight in to the DVR.

Use a universal power supply for laptops that can be bought at a computer store.

This will test to see if you have a bad power supply connected to the DVR.

The next step is to test voltages off the internal power supply, and then check all of the oscillators are working. If the oscillators are working it should boot up.

AvTech 760 is a VERY old DVR.

and one of the bad things about AvTech in general is that they do not offer a proper way to reset the DVR to factry default.

The reason - to prevent a security breach on the DVR - makes sense but still.

The new AvTech DVR's are much much much much much much better.

They lack only in the case of the CMS software and user management IMHO.

They do have the best cellphone app that probably does not support your DVR.

Anyway if your DVR beeps now and does not load there are 2 options.

1. Your DVR is toast and thats probably the case if you tried to short circuit it.

2. The power supply board is toast - look for a fat capacitor. If this is the case go and buy a new capacitor and replace it or have someone do it for you - it takes 5 min.

I hope I could help.

The step down board is 'just' adequate to power the unit, I ripped mine out and now power the 760 with an 400w ATX PSU, it's ugly yet robust and quiet. Don't be fussy about the case fan, the motherboard generates bugger all heat and the hdd is happily passive cooled through the metal case.

And just for fun, I ripped that stupid piezo out with pliers, damn alarm, pointless for my application.

Same problem with my avtech 760 psu board fried in the storm all the caps looks fine it's the voltage issue on psu board where can I get a replacement or can I use regular pc psu atx also how can I power the Mother board would it be a voltage issue if I use adapter from ATX PSU

Same problem with my avtech 760 psu board fried in the storm all the caps looks fine it's the voltage issue on psu board where can I get a replacement or can I use regular pc psu atx also how can I power the Mother board would it be a voltage issue if I use adapter from ATX PSU

Let me know if and how you are able to fix the problem. Thanks