scorpion

Analog Cameras without lens. Can I use eyeglass lenses?

Hey I was given some old tube analog cameras from an old buddy. They do not have any lenses.

Can I use my granmother's glasses and take the lens out and use them on the cameras?

My grandmother had stymatism. Will that effect the view?

Should I use those glasses, or should I find an old pair that has transiton lenses?

Will the transition lenses help when the sun shines in to the cameras?

I found some old teletype wire (it is really old) and can I use this to connect the cameras to my VCR?

How do I get the 4 cameras to connect to the VCR at the same time?

I can modulate one camera and connect it to the coax input, and I can take another camera and connect it to the composite video input. I was thinking about getting an IR blaster and a 555 timer IC and creating some kind of circuit that will switch the VCR from coax input to composite input and back to the coax and to keep repeating that command. Now the VCR can record two cameras.

Can I use a washing machine relay to connect two cameras in the composite input? The relay can toggle back and forth between the two cameras and then send the video to the VCR! Now I can record three cameras! Now to figure how to connect two cameras to a modulator!

The cameras do not have any mounts so I was just going to duct tape them to the house.

Is there such a thing as water proof duct tape? I would really hate to have the cameras fall off after a rain storm! I have some of those old fashion hangers. You know the kind. They are made out of some kind of metal. They are not cool like the new plastic hangers. I could use the wire hangers to hang the cameras from the soffits.

The cameras have a hole for a screw. Could I use a dry wall screw and wrap the wire from the hanger around the drywall screw and then insert the screw in to the hole? If the hole does not hold the drywall screw then I might try some JB Weld to hold it.

Sounds like a pretty cool system! Now I can protect my prized Odyssey pong video game system, and my TRS 80 computer from being stolen from my basement apartment. No. I do not live with my parents. I let them move in with me, but I charge them rent therefore it was only fair to let them have the main floor.

Them moving in worked out real good. My wireless picks up their internet. It is nice to have an internet that is a strong signal. Trying to use my neighbors internet sucked as I only had one bar, and it took forever to download anything.

What advise do you guy have? I really appreciate your PROFESSIONAL opion! No. Not really. I am going to set this stuff up just the way I want regardless how much you bastards hen peck me in to spending money for a system when this cool stuff will do the trick!

Thanks in advance!

Hey I was given some old tube analog cameras from an old buddy. They do not have any lenses.

Can I use my granmother's glasses and take the lens out and use them on the cameras?

Should I use those glasses, or should I find an old pair that has transiton lenses?

I found some old teletype wire (it is really old) and can I use this to connect the cameras to my VCR?

I can modulate one camera and connect it to the coax input, and I can take another camera and connect it to the composite video input. I was thinking about getting an IR blaster and a 555 timer IC and creating some kind of circuit that will switch the VCR from coax input to composite input and back to the coax and to keep repeating that command. Now the VCR can record two cameras.

Can I use a washing machine relay to connect two cameras in the composite input? The relay can toggle back and forth between the two cameras and then send the video to the VCR! Now I can record three cameras! Now to figure how to connect two cameras to a modulator!

The cameras do not have any mounts so I was just going to duct tape them to the house.

Is there such a thing as water proof duct tape? I would really hate to have the cameras fall off after a rain storm! I have some of those old fashion hangers. You know the kind. They are made out of some kind of metal. They are not cool like the new plastic hangers. I could use the wire hangers to hang the cameras from the soffits.

The cameras have a hole for a screw. Could I use a dry wall screw and wrap the wire from the hanger around the drywall screw and then insert the screw in to the hole? If the hole does not hold the drywall screw then I might try some JB Weld to hold it.

Sounds like a pretty cool system! Now I can protect my prized Odyssey pong video game system, and my TRS 80 computer from being stolen from my basement apartment. No. I do not live with my parents. I let them move in with me, but I charge them rent therefore it was only fair to let them have the main floor.

Them moving in worked out real good. My wireless picks up their internet. It is nice to have an internet that is a strong signal. Trying to use my neighbors internet sucked as I only had one bar, and it took forever to download anything.

What advise do you guy have? I really appreciate your PROFESSIONAL opion! No. Not really. I am going to set this stuff up just the way I want regardless how much you bastards hen peck me in to spending money for a system when this cool stuff will do the trick!

Thanks in advance!

I wouldn't use lens's out of glasses unless you have two cameras spaced the same as your grandmothers ears. Flux capacitors will solve your wireless internet problems.

OMG! I think all of us should take a tour of this system then take turns playing Odyssey pong - Retro Style!

The Toss! Great come back! Too funny!!

jxk716 I will make a video tour for you. I do not know if they still have VCR tapes at my local dollar store or not. If I find some I will load it in to my shoulder mounted Video Recorder and post it to the forum!

NotoriousBRK Framed and signed? Hmmm? I like that idea. I wonder what kind of paper to use, and the frame style. Maybe a ribbon to look important. Something we all can hang on our shop walls for our customers to see!

Glad I could make you all laugh!

Take care,

The transition lenses should be awesome, the perfect auto iris system. just make sure to mount them securely in the cardboard toilet paper tube!

It'll work great, just make sure to use the correct porcelain knob and tube insulators.

Can I use a washing machine relay to connect two cameras in the composite input? The relay can toggle back and forth between the two cameras and then send the video to the VCR! Now I can record three cameras! Now to figure how to connect two cameras to a modulator

You are overthinking this, just feed each of your cameras into some old TV's lined up in a circle, and record them with your cousin's camcorder mounted on a scanner assembly.

Gorilla tape holds up really well. Metal coat hangers are awesome for mounts, and if you hook them to the high voltage anode on the camera tube, they will provide theft resistance, as well.

Just make sure to use short drywall screws on the camera, long ones will puncture the magic smoke canister prematurely.

My Atari 2600'll SMOKE your Odyssey!

You've never made a Cantenna before? Get with the program, man!

What advise do you guy have? I really appreciate your PROFESSIONAL opinion! No. Not really.

What makes you think you will get a professional opinion here!?
I am going to set this stuff up just the way I want regardless how much you bastards hen peck me in to spending money for a system when this cool stuff will do the trick!

Thanks in advance!

No, Thank you!... (and we've missed you!).

Hardwired!

How are you doing! I have missed you guys! OK! Not really! Who enjoys being mocked, ridiculed, and flamed on a forum?? LOL!

I thought I wrote some funny lines, but you stole the whole show!

"You are overthinking this, just feed each of your cameras into some old TV's lined up in a circle, and record them with your cousin's camcorder mounted on a scanner assembly".

Mirror ball motor?

"Gorilla tape holds up really well. Metal coat hangers are awesome for mounts, and if you hook them to the high voltage anode on the camera tube, they will provide theft resistance, as well"

Now cut that out! I spewed my drink through my nose and on to my laptop's keyboard!

Why did I not think of those lines? That was great thinking on your part! LOL Keep em coming!

I sure miss all of you guys with the quick wits and the cheesy one liners!

No, not a mirror ball motor - use one from a car windscreen wiper. Make some panning heads for your cameras

is this taking the pish out of a post i've missed?

if so, can i have the link to the original?

if not, this is brilliant

is this taking the pish out of a post i've missed?

if so, can i have the link to the original?

if not, this is brilliant

We have had some fun on here, at times. Scorpion's always been a good guy, and we have enjoyed a few light-hearted pecks at each other from time to time (years and years, maybe?).

I think a little more light humor could be good for the forum at times, it's gotten a little heavy around here recently, everybody's taking themselves a little too seriously

We have had some fun on here, at times. Scorpion's always been a good guy, and we have enjoyed a few light-hearted pecks at each other from time to time (years and years, maybe?).

I think a little more light humor could be good for the forum at times, it's gotten a little heavy around here recently, everybody's taking themselves a little too seriously

Nobody ever took Hardwire seriously

There's only one single person who's taken things too seriously here as of late, imo. But I won't be saying who I think that is any time soon.