the lemming

IP camera for outdoors in the UK?

I would appreciate recomendations for an IP Camera that will live outside in a British climate.

The camera also needs to be able to work up to 15 meters in the dark. I'd rather have a wired option than wireless as I've read wireless can be flakey.

Budget range would be the cheapest that allows a waterproof IP camera to work in the dark.

The old saying goes, buy cheap, pay twice so I don't want to buy too cheap but I don't want to buy a professional camera either.

Cheers

A lot depends on your needs. A good "value" camera is the ACTi TCM-1111 and you should find it for under $300 US (I have no idea what it would cost in the UK, but I'll assume that prices are relative, meaning a camera costing twice as much costs in the US costs twice as much in the UK).

Also cameras from Brickcom are pretty good and sold in the UK. Axis will be debuting their first camera with illuminators next month, but for now, nothing. If you can find AVtech cameras, they are priced well, just not readily available in the US but maybe they are in the UK.

I'll see your Dahua and raise you an even better bargain, Ubiquiti. They are headquartered in the U.S., not mainland China. Not to shabby with a list price of under $100 per camera all inclusive (no PoE switch or software to buy, all included).

The 3-pack lists for $299, but you can find it cheaper online and they also sell single cameras. That's 3 bullet cameras, 720P resolution, 30fps for $299, not one for that price. Also includes the PoE injector and the software for free. Their website is here http://www.ubnt.com/airvision Then use motion detect lights to provide adequate lighting for a clear color picture.

Is it me or does that video look like analog quality?

Here's a video taken from an Ubiquiti camera -

Yep... I don't think the quality is so great for an IP camera.

Don't know, I've seen some very good analog cameras. Did you set the video to play at 720P resolution on Youtube?

But isn't it good for $100, injector and software included? Depends on the needs of the customer. Maybe that's all he can afford, don't know, didn't state a budget, just wanted the lowest cost. It's as least as good as a Foscam in image quality, but with 720P resolution and made by a U.S. company.

IP camera for outdoors in the UK? Why don't search it on ebay. There are so many choices .But you will see the IP camera sales champion in UK.It's Tenvis.

Is it me or does that video look like analog quality?

Here's a video taken from an Ubiquiti camera -
Not fantastic, but for the price that does seem pretty solid, assuming the cameras are reliable.