Brad-Pea

Mounting Camera To Outside Wall

Hi All,

May be a bit of a dumb question here! But I want to mount an outside camera on the wall above the main door.

Does anyone what the best/easiest way is to go about this?

I have attached a picture of the wall in question, and the cables what will need to be fed through the wall. I feel that mounting it above the door will give a better field of view and make sure everything movement gets captured?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/444/phototv.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/99/photo1qt.jpg/

Cheers.

What is the camera name, type etc? If its and analog camera you risk losing a facial recognition shot as they approach the door because you may only be limited to tops of heads when they're at the door. If they look up, while at the door, you're in luck. Then again, someone with a hood or one who keeps their face down will not matter much. Mine is off to the side because it was easier to install and I was more interestd in a side view of my porch like this:

Front.JPG.36e8ce0a54eccd0fcb48353e849c6a77.JPG

Its a IP wired / wireless. Think its just a generic make, but does give off a pretty good picture.

Only problem is where its located at the moment is just a bit further down than the door, and to get to the door you need to walk up some steps, so if somewhere walks to the door, you generally capture them. But when they are right at the door, the camera cannot see them.

Therefore I thought that if it was above the door, you would get them walking up the steps, and when at the door.

See attached pic for info.

Cheers.

Outside.jpg.620499ea2eddf67fa01f5812f15fc573.jpg

Any chance to leave yourself extra wire or test the shot from abvove the door onto a computer to see if you like?

No Probs.

Here is the picture of the door area.

197371_1.jpg

And here is the camera, it is actually a DB Power branded camera.

197371_2.jpg

Cheers.