trevttu76

PTZ controls not working with PSS or webpage interface

I recently bought one of the raved about Qvis Apollo (Dahua) DVR's. I am unable to work my PTZ camera with the PSS software or using the web interface; in other words unless I am sitting at the DVR its s stationary cam.

I am using PelcoD protocol (with a Bosch G4), but did play with a few and had no luck. It works fine at the DVR so its not the basic camera settings or the DVR settings.

Anyone else have any problems with PTZ controls like this? Maybe a simple fix I am not aware of??

Thanks for the help.

One thing comes to mind. Make sure after you're done noodling with it at the dvr, you close out the ptz control. Otherwise, the dvr remains first priority and you won't have control remotely.

Maybe?

I checked and the PTZ console is not up on the DVR. Made sense, but still have the same problem.

hi. if using PSS to control. you need to be a administrator if you have not setup accounts yet use admin passwords and not user.

It took forever to figure out what you meant on the admin, but that did the trick. The profile on the DVR was not set up as admin for non local.

Thanks, got it working now!

Now if I can just get the DVR remote to work... haha

Get the DVR ID in General Settings (must be a number), get the remote, push the ADD button and Input that ID. It should work after this

Get the DVR ID in General Settings (must be a number), get the remote, push the ADD button and Input that ID. It should work after this

this souds like remote pair up for both dvr and remote control on a hikvision. but still would not get you into admin setup

HIK and DAHUA have forked at sometime, that's why they do have similarities

still, the user asked about getting the remote to work with his DVR

HIK and DAHUA have forked at sometime, that's why they do have similarities

still, the user asked about getting the remote to work with his DVR

Dahua under there other name make for hik. PSS is remote view not control

at least, they do have their factories separated...

"Now if I can just get the <>... haha"

Not "Now if I can just get the DVR to work remote... haha"

Long time no update!

I finally got everything re-installed (I moved and am just getting things back to normal). I tried the remote control (actual hand held remote, thanks to earlier comments my PSS remote software problem was fixed) and it didnt work as before. I shot it at my camera and could see that it was trasmitting, but no joy at the DRV. I will try the trick of making the DVR ID a number and ad it. I couldnt remember the steps last night and was just hoping the batteries were dead or something as easy.

If memory serves I changed the DVR name for some reason when I originally set it up.