shockwave199

What makes a camera do this?

Anyone ever see this happen? This is a camera at work and it seems to flip randomly into this in the afternoon. It's a watchdog dome with twilight, which model I don't exactly know. It gets hit with a good deal of sun so I figure that has something to do with it. I haven't adjusted any brightness/contrast settings yet but I'm not even sure it would help. I only have access to the dvr, not the cameras themselves at this point- which is where I think something in the OSD will need to be tweaked to solve it.

1488215451_badglarecam(1).jpg.b45fe0fd18675934a0854aa21687c515.jpg

Edited by Guest

It looks like masking is enabled which means it will black out excessive amounts of light to try to keep

the entire picture equal in brightness. Something like these cameras, but yours is alot worse.

197585_1.jpg

Thanks for that. Looks like that could be it. The problem is relying on the installer to tweak it. I'm hopeful to take over the tweaking of all this, since I'm the one who bears the brunt of monitoring it.

in the light of photo you posted, there are some reason may caused it. One is sun high light bounced to camera so it menas you need to adjust angle.

2nd is intrinsic parametre is out of work in high AGC so it did explosure. Or have you make IR light is turn off, you know if its at wrong trogger IR it will making worst.

If you are the end user and not the installer them please don't pay them until they have sorted this out. They will give the rest of us a bad name.

I am the end user and I know enough to know the installer is less than good, unfortunately. I have been up and down the ladder myself this past week, running through all osd settings, trying different things including moving the fov for a more appropriate shot. It's no longer in direct sunlight, but it still does this. I can only conclude the camera is malfunctioning, getting stuck on a DRC [dynamic range compression] setting even though it's off. New camera need. New installer needed. I have a feeling as I get my arms around our system, it's going to be me.

Id say few factorm may be a reason. First I'd look if ICR (if it has one) is not damaged. Second, I'd blame settings - reset should help. If not, hardware (sensor or DSP) is broken.

So does anyone know why Vector's camera blacks out the over exposed pixels? In my opinion it looks terrible. There's surely no design/engineering reason behind this?

As for Shockwave's camera, I guess it's overheated and begun to fail. Does it come right after it cools off?

So does anyone know why Vector's camera blacks out the over exposed pixels? In my opinion it looks terrible. There's surely no design/engineering reason behind this?

As for Shockwave's camera, I guess it's overheated and begun to fail. Does it come right after it cools off?

That is an option within the camera. We had alot of sunlight coming into the building and the iris was closing

too much if we didn't use that masking feature. It only appears while heavy amounts of sunlight. For the most part of the day, the image does not have those black spots. I do agree they look horrible and I'd rather go with WDR cameras, but those were what my boss had given me to install.

I don't think it's heat related now that it isn't pointing into the sun and still does it. The camera is malfunctioning. A new one will be installed.