LittleScoobyMaster

GeoVision 8.5.5.0 is Released! - Holy Mama!

Holy Moly! Lots of Goodies in this release.

Version 8.5.5.0 - Released date: 07/24/2012

New:

Support for GV-SDI-204 Video Capture Cards

GV-Skype Video Utility to receive text and video notifications using Skype account

Support for activating VSM by schedule

Support for remotely backing up GV-System files to GV-Backup Center

Support for dewarping of 3rd party fisheye cameras through RTSP, ONVIF or PSIA connection

Support for ACTi TCM-5111

Support for Arecont Vision AV-20185DN

Support for GeoVision GV-CA120, GV-CA220, GV-CAW120, GV-CAW220, GV-BX1200 Series, GV-BX1300 Series, GV-BX2400 Series, GV-BX3400 Series, GV-BX5300, GV-BL1210, GV-BL2410, GV-BL3410, GV-SD220, GV-VS14, GV-Hybrid LPR Cam 10M

Fixed:

Main System

Delay in any-angle PTZ movement when controlling GV-SD200 using GV-Joystick

Incorrectly displaying Keep Days as disabled after enabling the function

Incorrect display of Auto Login user name under Traditional Chinese OS

Failure to apply frame rate settings under Day and Night Mode

ViewLog

Failure to include audio data when merging recorded files in Remote ViewLog

GV-Keyboard's failure to bring up the corresponding ViewLog of the Matrix

Failure to load event list of a second camera in ViewLog when the event time of the first camera selected is unavailable in the second camera

Occasional failure to merge and save large numbers of recorded files in AVI format

WebCam Server and Remote Applications

Horizontally flipped live view when accessing fisheye camera using WebCam Server

Failure to receive live view from GV-Video Gateway when default screen division is set to 32 channels in Multi View

Failure of Multi View to display live view of more than 4 channels from GV-Compact DVR

Inability to remotely play back recordings with 2560 x 1920 resolution and JPEG codec from GV-AView mobile application

Possible failure of DDNS Service to update the dynamic IP address (Center V2, VSM, Dispatch Server, Twin DVR & SMS Server)

Display error on the subscriber list of Center V2 main window in which the host icons disappear when the hosts do not have a device name

Display error on Record dialog box where the Recycle function is shown as enabled after being disabled (Center V2)

Possible failure of snapshot function with EZ player (Center V2)

Abnormal live view display from GV-Compact DVR and GV-Video Server when the resolution is set to D1 (704 x 480 or 704 x 576) using JPEG codec (Center V2 & GV-GIS)

Problem with any-angle PTZ movement through WebCam Server when controlling GV-SD200 and any third-party cameras using ONVIF

Improved:

Main System:

Added Easy Mode in Panorama View to stitch multiple camera views without overlapping areas

Enhanced defog function to reduce CPU and memory loading

Added Single Camera Tracking function for GV-SD200 (one GV-SD200 only)

Added support for Intel Ivy Bridge GPU decoding for 1-3M IP Cameras (32 / 64-bit Windows 7 and 32-bit Windows Vista only)

Support for dual stream, PTZ auto pan, cruise and sequence functions when GV-SD200 is connected to GV-System

Support up to 256 PTZ preset points through ONVIF connection

Support for simultaneous zoom and pan through ONVIF using GV-Joystick

ViewLog

Added ViewLog Idle Protection function

Added Smooth Playback to improve the smoothness of video playback in ViewLog

Added 2 new maps for GPS Tracks Playback (Google Map V3 and OpenStreetMap)

Remote Applications

Support for watermark imprinting and authenticity checking of recorded videos (Center V2)

User-configurable display of event tabs on multiple monitors (for Center V2 Profession version only)

Motion detection sensitivity in which a minimum duration can be set up to minimize false motion alerts to VSM

Support for object counting alarm with which the VSM can be notified when the object count exceeds the specified value

Support for printing of the event message dialog box (Center V2 & VSM)

Support for DDNS service to update dynamic IP address from router through UPnP

Changed:

GV-System no longer overrides the codec and resolution of the connected IP cameras

OK, this is where industry frustrations kick in.

I have customer who who has had a Geovision system installed for the past 4 years (GV1480) and this DVR was also hosting a Keri System Access Control Database so that the customer could remotely add and remove users from there access system. As I said all was good until recently when the hard drive finally kicked the bucket...(controller card to be exact and yes we did try replacing that but there are too many versions out there).

Customers options were limited...but one thing for sure is Keri Systems does not support the old software version they have anymore so they were required to upgrade to the latest version which (MIND YOU) only supports a 64bit OS. Been working on rebuilding this system today and I could not get the damn 1480 drivers to load so after further digging found that I don't believe there is a 64 bit driver for it. So now we're in a pickle, use an unsupported access software and downgrade to a 32bit OS or change out the GV card for something that does support a 64bit OS and be able to use the supported Keri System software.

Either way there is an expense here and a severe PITA decision to make.

Anyone know of a 64bit driver for the 1480 card? I think it is the A version seeing it has an RCA video out connector on it.

****EDIT****

Found my answer on ezcctv forum. Minimum is version is V3.1 and my card is V2.01. Looks like I'm SOL

Versions of GV-600A/GV-650A/GV-800A Cards which support Windows 7 (64-bit) and Windows Server 2008 (64-bit) are V4.20, V4.21, V4.22, V4.23, V4.33, V4.47 and V4.45.

Versions of GV-1120A/GV-1240A/GV-1480A/GV-1008 Cards which support Windows 7 (64-bit) and Windows Server 2008 (64-bit) are V3.1, V4.2 and V4.21.

Found my answer on ezcctv forum. Minimum is version is V3.1 and my card is V2.01. Looks like I'm SOL

Versions of GV-600A/GV-650A/GV-800A Cards which support Windows 7 (64-bit) and Windows Server 2008 (64-bit) are V4.20, V4.21, V4.22, V4.23, V4.33, V4.47 and V4.45.

Versions of GV-1120A/GV-1240A/GV-1480A/GV-1008 Cards which support Windows 7 (64-bit) and Windows Server 2008 (64-bit) are V3.1, V4.2 and V4.21.

I ran into a similar problem. I have a GV-600 v3. It won't run on Windows 7 either.

I wish Geovision would support their older hardware revisions of cards longer than they do. Maybe some day...