Could somebody share experience, how to launch IP cameras via smart TV?

My client wants to have 5 smart TVs, and in all of them to have ability to see live/recorded cameras view.

Are there apps, like in Android - IP Cam Viewer, or there is a need of certain device?

Thanks!

If your TV runs Android, then you should be able to use the same app as you would on a tablet or phone.

Otherwise, your choice of cameras will depend entirely on the capabilities of your TV's browser. On my Sony Blu-Ray player, for example, my IQEye cameras' interface doesn't work (uses ActiveX or Java), but I can pull a direct still JPEG image from it with http://(camera ip)/now.jpg; however, and a live MPJEG stream with http://(camera ip)/now.jpg?snap=spush.

If the browser supports H.264 RTSP streaming, you should be able to view most H.264 cameras on it.

What I do is use a cheap nettop with HDMI out with NVR client running on it. So when I want to see the cameras, I can just switch to that HDMI port on the TV. Then I use a wireless mouse to navigate around the screen.

Vizio has a device called a CoStar for $99.00. I have an integrated google sony TV that i use to stream live using my ip cameras using an app called Tiny Cam Monitor. There are many other Google TVs out there too

197829_1.jpg

197829_2.jpg

197829_3.jpg

I picked up a little Android media player for $89, does the job as well - same "IP Cam Viewer" app as on my phone.

Vizio CoStar says it's "coming soon". Does google TV support Android marketplace apps?

I thought it was available already, but i guess not yet. Sony has a 200.00 google media player available but i think that is kind of pricey. I had mine Sony integrated google tv for almost 2 years now. You can find the logitech revue for pretty cheap under 100.00.

It does support the android marketplace to download apps but the selection is still limited at the moment.

Since I can view my cameras from my Android phone and my phone has HDMI out, I can use my phone to watch the cameras on TV. I wonder if you got a cheap Android phone that has HDMI out and not get phone service for it, just use it via WiFi, will that work as a cheap solution.

its now 2016 - has this gotten easier? How are you viewing IP cameras on smart TV's?

Would a raspberry pie be a good option?

its now 2016 - has this gotten easier? How are you viewing IP cameras on smart TV's?

Would a raspberry pie be a good option?

Real easy. Use a streaming device like amazon fire or andriod stick.

Smart tv's have always been silly as these standalone devices are MUCH faster and are updated way more often.