Sign in to follow this  
gazz

CMS for concept pro VXH264

i have a concept pro VXH264-16 dvr, bought second hand.

the big thing concept pro go on about is it's ability to work with central monitoring software, something i'd find interesting as the screen shots of the cms software i've seen are a lot better than the built in web based monitoring.

so i downloaded the 'CMS standard v1.0' software from concept pro's site, but i just cant get it to connect to my dvr.

i can connect to the dvr via the web based interface, and via the remote agent software, both on the home lan and from the internet,

But i enter the exact same details in the CMS software, which are the ip addy, port and log in details,

But the cms just wont connect, tried the local ip, internet ip, the mac.dvrlink.net DDNS thing, no joy.

i've downloaded a few other CMS's and tried them, but again, it just will not connect to my dvr,

i read somewhere that the dvr needs something turning on in it's menu's to enable the CMS to work, but i've gone through all the menu's and can't find anything relating to this,

Anyone any ideas what i'm missing?

i contacted concept pro, and was just told they do not deal with end users, great,

Hi. the concept CMS is a little hard to setup. first you need to open ports in your router even if just using local.

and then you need to setup in alarm management which and what alarms you want sending. the big problem is sending ftp. its easier to setup a concept account via there ddns.

whats this concept account you mention?

i have actually had a little sucess, but not using their software,

looking on the net i came across some tutorials on getting cms working, and one of them was for vitek EH series dvr's, they use almost exactly the same GUI as the concept pro,

Their instruction manual is a carbon copy too, so i guess one or the other have re-badged this dvr,

anyway, the EH-CMS software works!!!

now i'd still like to get the concept pro's CMS software working, just because it bloody well should,

but i guess i can just keep on downloading CMS software and trying it out, there is another that works, but i cant remember it amongst the ones i've tried that dont work,