ronp

VCM-24VF Mounting Questions

I'm planning on replacing my existing IR bullets when they fail with VCM-24VF but have two questions about mounting them:

- What's the max angle position of the lens in relation to the base? Can it point parallel, or nearly parallel, to the base (that's 90 degrees from straight out of the dome)? One of my bullets is on the side wall of my house turned and pointed towards the street. If I mount a dome camera in that same spot I'll need to position the lens nearly parallel to that wall face. I could probably live with 75 or 80 degrees from straight out.

- Is there a recess in the base large enough to hold a bit of extra RG59, 18/2, and connectors or does there need to be a hole or open box behind it?

Thanks!

Ron

I'll let someone else address the adjustment angle of the lens, because I've never had to go as far as you describe on any of my VCM-24VF installations. I don't think I've ever had to adjust the angle of a 24VF lens less than 20 degrees from being parallel with the mounting surface, so don't know how much less you could go.

However, I have a VCM-24VF that has the entire camera pigtail, power and video connectors, and about 3" of the RG59 Siamese cable mounted in the base beneath the camera assembly. (My wires exit through the conduit hole in the bottom of the base, but could have just as easily exited through the conduit hole on the side.) However, I suggest taping the connectors before coiling the extra wire around the inside of the base bottom, before you re-mount the camera assembly back on it.

I think this is what you mean right? All the VCM/VBMs I've installed can easily turn 90 to view along a wall including zooming all the way in.

I have attached pictures from VBMs but the VCMs are the same camera just a back box....and yes, there is room for SOME 59 and 18. If you are concerned about future camera placement can you leave a coil somewhere else like behind a wall, above a ceiling etc?

7th.jpg.8ed63a44c82571adb2b6267c17c8f545.jpg

Front.JPG.100c313c347d6b5b7cdbb0e989e3cd68.JPG

I'd like to mount the camera directly over the hole where the siamese wire exits the wall. I can push some wire back into the wall but would like to have the connectors and the pigtail under (inside the base of) the camera. It sounds like there's room for that. And, the 7th.jpg picture is exactly what I need - the lens parallel to the wall face, even catching just a bit of the wall. Perfect.

Thanks!

Ron

Glad to help. I was even going to take a picture of the inside of a VBM to show the degree of movement for the lens. I know I could rotate that all the way to the inside back plate of the camera.

The VCMs I installed are exactly like your configuration and there was plenty of room for connections and wire in the back.

Don't be shy about posting pictures when done!