DNAcctv

Techincal Problem Need Help

Can anyone help me figure out why this camera is acting this way? I have a "test" cat5e run on the ground from Veracity EoC to a switch, then switch to the camera. All electrical lines are out of range.

First guess is that it is a compression / bandwidth issue and can be fixed by changing settings in the camera. Is it set to CBR or VBR? If CBR, what's the target bit rate? Try doubling. If VBR, increase the quality/compression level.

When moving objects display blocking artifacts, it is typically that the encoder cannot handle the changes in the scene. Typically that's because of a compression / bandwidth limitation.

If that doesn't work, factory default the camera. The other common issue is that settings were changed over time, causing the problem.

The camera is Messoa NDR891.

Set to CBR bit rate 8000. Brand new install and the camera started acting this way.

I tried dropping the resolution all the way down to "D1" with the sames settings. It was still causing the issue.

Sounds like either a bad camera then or a bad manufacturer

You may want to get a replacement model and see if the problem goes away.

I am replacing the switch first. I don't have a lot of hopes with that but maybe...

I am thinking more along the lines of "bad manufacturer". It may be that the Messoa "ONVIF" connection to the NUUO VMS through the Veracity EoC is just not up to the task.

Thanks for all the input John. I am looking forward to the IPVM University coming up.

Does this happen only happen in the Nuuo client or do you have the same issue when you log into camera's GUI?

Here is what I would do. Check to see if the camera has the latest firmware. Factory default the camera. Take the camera down and plug your computer directly to the cameras and see if you still have the same issue.

WireGuys,

The firmware is updated and I did a factory default.

That is one of the odd things:

1. It does not happen in the camera GUI through Veracity

2. Only in NUUO AND only through the Veracity EoC.

3. I can take the camera back to the IT room, plug it into the switch beside the server and it works perfectly in NUUO via ONVIF. No Veracity EoC.