Sign in to follow this  
gazz

need new domes for sunkwang ptz cams, in the UK

I bought 2 sunkwang v106 ptz domes last month, they were second hand and thus had scratched domes, (paid £100 each, so i don't feel that hard done by)

the domes are polycarbonate i guess, scratches really easily, but with them being vandal domes, i guess they need the strength more.

on both of them, at some time the internal black plastic cover that goes over the camera, which clips off to access to dip switches, had detached it's self and rubbed on the clear dome as it was rotated, also some sun yellowing and exterior scratches.

i have them in my aviary now, so don't need the vandal proof properties anymore, worst is they will get pecked at by a randy canary who falls in love with his reflection in the dome

the domes measure 4 inches across the top opening, then a little lip around the outside of about 1/4 of an inch at most, and they are approximately 2 inches deep.

Anyone know where i can get 2 new domes matching that size cheaply,

im in the UK, so that makes things harder,

i've been thinking of getting some of those naff fake domes just to see if the clear dome will fit, but from what i can see from photo's, their domes clip in place with tags, i.e. no lip around the top,

or possibly find someone who bought cameras with the same size domes, then changed the clear domes for smoked/mirrored domes and still has the clear domes sitting around taking up space???

Suckwang is a real brand? Each dome cover is specific to a brand and model. for example, i may have two vandal domes even from the same company and they attach differently, usually the dome and the ring are one piece glued together at the factory. Most vandal domes have a camera inside a housing. So you maybe you can find a housing only, maybe on UK eBay that the camera can inserted into.

not sure if these cams are clones of others, they are branded sunkwang,

i've seen a load of pictures of domes that look similar, unfortunately in the usa, postage to england will be the killer,

This is the dome, the O ring is still in place,

198286_1.jpg

but any dome like that as long as it's 4 inches by 2 inches with a lip will fit, as it clamps in place in the lower housing,

Sunkwang are one of the longest camera manufactures around I will look on Monday to see which spares we have left ... Should have some domes as we replaced some for gold colour

Did you find any clear domes by any chance???

hi. found 3 .... 2 clear and 1 gold. i will take pics tomorrow with sizes for you to check. if they are the same which they should be as that ptz is still made today. i will let you have the 2 clear for nothing.

hey there,

any ideas if they are the ones i'm after??

if so PM me your paypal addy and i'll pop some money over for postage etc.

I seem to have done something wrong on this forum, on everyones ignore list or something?

Last year i was after some new domes for my PTZ cams, as seen above in the thread, i was offered some, but when i tried to get them, nothing happened,

i PM'd twice, offering to pay the going rate and postage even, but nothing.

Thing is i really need a pair of clear domes for my sunkwang PTZ's, as i have found out that the angle of the sun at this time of year in the morning is just right, or wrong, so it is making all the scratches and nicks on my domes stand out even more, so much so that half the time the lens focuses on a scratch rather than the object i am trying to look at.

I have resorted to running one of the camera's with the dome off as it's that bad, luckily the cam is located under a sheltered area, so no chance of rain getting in, but it's still not a good idea to run them domeless i imagine, not to mention the vulnerability,

Please, can someone help me get some new domes for my cams, i will happily pay for them,

i just need the standard clear ones, so hoping i can find someone like before who had swapped the clear for smoked ones to sell me some.