jeffreyhel

Vitek camera IR problems

I have a Vitek VTC-IRHCM1 http://www.vitekcctv.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductID=189 installed in my office, ceiling mounted. The ceiling is about 7 feet high and in a room that is well insulated. It is the same room as 3 of my computers including my CCTV Server. Anyway about one month after the first Vitek camera I mounted there the IR burnt to a crisp. The picture is fine but the IR are fried. So I took it back to the suppy house and got another one. Well when I opened the new box the camera lens cover was already fogged so I took it apart and cleaned it. Placed it in service and it worked great for about another month when I noticed it , the IRs, had died again. Before I take this one back I need an opinion as to whether it is the camera or some wierd thing going on.

Jeff

Hmmm, its an OEM dome that has been well travelled time as it hits your front door, the IR shouldnt just be burning out like that though, but they do have cheap power boards normally, OEM cameras that is, I would make sure it is on a voltage regulator at the least, if you ARE going to buy it again .. personally id buy a higher quality brand at this point .. but its up to yah

Thanks for both of your replies. Rory what kind of IR dome would you suggest.

Spytown I will also call Tony next week as I have been going some 3 months 7 days aweek and getting tired. I finally made it to dinner with my family today and my daughter turned to me and asked "Who are you?"....just kidding, but it feels like that...

Jeff

Honestly I would use a normal Dome, no IR, and install the IR seperate, thats the best method. Extreme CCTV has a new version for their IR domes that blocks the glare from the IR found with other IR Domes (including WizKid's IR domes) but they are not cheap.

Someone i know has had some okay success with a Hunt High Res day night dome with IR, i havent seen it myself to confirm though. It is pretty inexpensive.

Still best to use seperate IR where possible, or even better regular lighting.

VITEK won't get a penny of my business. There is a lot in this industry that I have found out in the last few weeks, and one of them is how VITEK owner's (2) screwed a distinguished member on this forum out of his business. Trust me, If was allowed to tell the story, I don't think that anyone with any self respect would give that company any business.