JGoodman

20 IP Cam New Install - NVR Software Recommendation

I will be building a new install at a mini-storage facility soon which will have at least 20 IP cams (2mp+). The one viewing software (NVR) I have used on other installs and been happy with with Alnet CMS Professional (http://www.alnetsystems.com/offer/en/CMS_Professional). However, the software license fee for 20 IP cams is about $2800 -- or $140 per camera. Plus I need to add in the cost of a dedicated i7 PC.

I have used the Alnet software personally for about 4 years in my own business and it is easy to use and I can't find anything to dislike. However the $140 per cam cost takes a sizable part out of my budget.

Is there any other well reviewed software (or dedicated DVR) that supports 20+ IP cameras with MP resolution that is more budget friendly?

I will be building a new install at a mini-storage facility soon which will have at least 20 IP cams (2mp+). The one viewing software (NVR) I have used on other installs and been happy with with Alnet CMS Professional (http://www.alnetsystems.com/offer/en/CMS_Professional). However, the software license fee for 20 IP cams is about $2800 -- or $140 per camera. Plus I need to add in the cost of a dedicated i7 PC.

I have used the Alnet software personally for about 4 years in my own business and it is easy to use and I can't find anything to dislike. However the $140 per cam cost takes a sizable part out of my budget.

Is there any other well reviewed software (or dedicated DVR) that supports 20+ IP cameras with MP resolution that is more budget friendly?

Avigilon core ver soft is reasonable price but only up to 16 Ch

Milestone Essential supports up to 26 cameras, at $49 USD per channel MSRP, and works pretty well, overall.

You may want to factor in maintenance costs, though, they aren't required for the software to continue operating, but if you want future upgrades, you need a current maintenance contract.

Avigilon provides upgrades for free, and is really nice, but also has a higher initial cost.

I would expect to pay 100.00 minimum per camera for decent software.

If you did a all Avigilon solution it might come out cheaper because Avigilon cameras are less expensive compared to all the big hitters in the IP camera market.

Or do a mix of analog and IP cameras with Avigilon 4 channel encoders which only require 1 license.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I have been bouncing through various websites looking at the options.

- What is the common opinion about Geovision software?

I can get a 20 IP cam license for their GV-NVR software for less than $60/camera.

- I looked for pricing for Avigilon IP cameras and NVR software but could not find anything.

- I downloaded the Blue Iris demo but I will need to test some cameras with it to see how well the software inteface works.

- Video Insight NVR software looks interesting. I think the pricing might be competitive, though perhaps it requires a yearly maintenance fee? Also, I am required to purchase VI's pre-built hardware?

- Lastly, has anyone used Arecont's AV100 software as their NVR? How well did it work?

we have used a lot of geovision software and some of there IP Cameras If you use there software you don't have a license fee per cameras the flip side is very few other NVR makers fully support Geo cameras.

I looked for pricing for Avigilon IP cameras and NVR software but could not find anything.

You need to contact an Avigilon dealer. You won't find any online pricing.