a13ahl

Connecting CCTV to house.

We bought a house that came with a CCTV camera. I have found that the cabling goes into our storage cupboard. Using google, I think the output cable is a BCS, how would I connect this 1st to a computer, or share it over a network?

BCS? Or BNC? Does it look like this?

198637_1.jpg

If so, you need either some sort of video capture device to connect it to the computer (USB adapter, DVR card, tuner card, etc.), or an IP encoder to share it directly on the network.

Can you post a picture of it? I have a feeling it's still a BNC, maybe just not properly assembled.

Either way, you need a capture device or network encoder to do anything with the signal...

That's an F-connector, common for cable-TV and satellite, not so common for cameras. If it does indeed go to a camera, you'll probably first need an F-to-BNC or F-to-RCA adapter to be able to connect it to a capture device.

That's an F-connector, common for cable-TV and satellite, not so common for cameras. If it does indeed go to a camera, you'll probably first need an F-to-BNC or F-to-RCA adapter to be able to connect it to a capture device.

Yeah, that connector is typically for cable TV and stuff. Often run on RG-6 cable. As Soundy suggest, if it really does go to a camera, you will need the converters, and a DVR to connect it to. But just 1 camera?

Yeah, that connector is typically for cable TV and stuff. Often run on RG-6 cable. As Soundy suggest, if it really does go to a camera, you will need the converters, and a DVR to connect it to. But just 1 camera?

Yes, it is just one camera, it is a CBZ CDOME011/B that came with our house.

Hi. yes its just a standard camera.

198789_1.jpg

with having a F connector it may have only been used for live viewing. just connected to a modulator then into your TV distribution (which is in your picture) but the last owner may have taken the modulator.

are you looking to record with this camera ??

We bought a house that came with a CCTV camera. I have found that the cabling goes into our storage cupboard. Using google, I think the output cable is a BCS, how would I connect this 1st to a computer, or share it over a network?

No, I am looking for something that I can view wirelessly.

I have found http://www.maplin.co.uk/wireless-cctv-camera-convertor-99758 or http://www.spycameracctv.com/spycamera/usb-video-capture-device-av-rca-cctv-dvr-motion-detect-internet-view

Will these work?

No, I am looking for something that I can view wirelessly.

wireless to your TV ??? just buy a modulator and put it back into place. you will then see camera on all TVs. looking at your picture you have coax distribution around your house.

wirelessly. with your links is a waste of money (cheap and low range)

So this is the inconvenient place of a CCTV camera. May be next time you will use an ip camera. Because an ip camera is more convenient than a CCTV camera and is cheaper too.

So this is the inconvenient place of a CCTV camera. May be next time you will use an ip camera. Because an ip camera is more convenient than a CCTV camera and is cheaper too.

From asking type if connection you deside best off going IP. .. Just got to love it