jxk716

Wireless Bridge for DVR

I have a customer who wants to have 4 analog cams placed on a building about 300 feet away and monitor them from his office. I am thinking about putting the Dahua DVR in the remote building, using a wireless point to point bridge, hook up the Dahua DVR to the remote side bridge and send the PSS software signal over to the antenna on the office building which would be connected to his LAN.

He already has a 4 camera DVR and 4 analog cams at the office location. He prefers to get an 8 channel DVR so that all cams (at office location and remote building) can be on the same unit but having Cat5 run between the 2 buildings is not working out because of city ordinances. My original plan was to use a quad Balun over the home run to the DVR but no Cat5.

All I really want to do is extend a LAN jack from the office location to the remote location so the I can connect the DVR as if it was in the same building.

Would something like this work?

http://www.gnswireless.com/GNS1150N_802.11N_Point_to_Point_Wireless_Ethernet.htm

Is there internet available in the remote building? If so, you could set up a VPN link to the office and connect the two DVRs that way. Just use a DD-WRT-able router on both sides; configure the office end with the VPN server and the remote end with the VPN client connecting to it, and away you go.

Or take a look at Ubiquiti wireless gear - not sure what their stuff costs, but $550 for that thing you linked seems pretty spendy. Seems to me the Ubiquiti stuff starts in the <$100 range.

As long as the existing office DVR is a Dahua-made unit as well, the PSS software should make it painless to view both together.

I have purchased and used Engenius bridges with great success. They claim to be PoE, but it is a non-standard 24 volt PoE so not really. Here is a link: http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0329978

I have also used MicroTik, FluidMesh, and Fortress stuff too, all of which are excellent and very robust options. Fortress is WAY too much for anyone except the Government though.

This is not entirely related, but I figured I would mention it anyway. The only time I have issues with wireless with CCTV is when it is attached to a PTZ. There is always a very annoying delay...

I am new to the CCTV installation business also and have some questions. I am a newbie for NVR and IP camera system although I had already tried to install dvr and analog camera, but I haven’t tried the NVR and IP camera. Currently I ordered Dahua NVR 3204 and IP Camera IPC-HDBW 3300 and IPC-HFW3200C and I need help in setting up and configuring the NVR and IP Camera and also setting up as in wireless bridge mode. I don’t have any idea what Wireless Network Transmission is compatible for the Dahua NVR and IP Cameras that I ordered.

This few days a Window Film Company consulted me that they want to install a IP Camera from their various outlet and they want to view remotely from their main office, which the distance from outlet to main office is 2km. Also they told me that from the outlet they don’t have internet connection but from the main office they have internet connection. I tried to ask the dahua sales but they just told me that the compatible for nvr and ip is switch dlink or tp-link. But they don’t know about the wireless network transmission. Can anyone help me please, or better if you have any video links tutorials how to configure and setup the NVR and IP to wireless bride mode, Thank you and advance.