thailey08

New "easy" system

I recently purchased 2 bunker hill cameras from harbor freight. They are nice cameras for what I am going to use them for. However, they come with no software. They work fine when plugged into my TV and I do not want to buy a 150$ DVR for these cameras, so I had an extra computer sitting around along with a 1 TB hard drive. I figured this would be plenty. My problem is that my cameras have RCA plugs and my computer has no inputs. I purchased a USB-DVR on Ebay and downloaded all the software but the computer still does not recognize the cameras.

I know I am trying to take the easy way out but I thought this would work. If anyone has any input it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

This is a PCI card, correct? I have 2 cameras. And what type software would i have to have for this? I am thinking it is some kind conversion software?

You can get an OK DVR for $100. You can't build a decent DVR computer for that much. Plus the DVR is maintenance free, where a PC needs care and feeding.

A $100 DVR and you could have just been done with it - sometimes a few dollars saved isn't worth all the extra screwing around.

" title="Applause" /> pay more time or pay more money

A $100 DVR and you could have just been done with it - sometimes a few dollars saved isn't worth all the extra screwing around.