vidos

PTZ cam whith which cables can be command dc+bnc+rca?

Hi

Im a totaly newbie. Want buy a kit with dvr with 3 indoor and 1 outdoor ptz cam

spec:

Video input/output: BNC 4-channel Input and 1-channel BNC Output and

1-channel VGA Output; VGA Resolution: 1024x768,1280x1024

With RS485 Support Support PELCO-P&PELCO-D PTZ control

The ptz cam spec:

RS485, Pelco D/P supported

Now for the ptz cam controll. What kind of cable i can use. I can have DC+BNC+RCA or DC+BNC cable

i know: dc is for power, bnc for video-ch but bnc cable is for audio

can i control the ptz cam with bnc cable or can i use maybe the rca cable for connect cables into the box on rs485 module?

Thank you for help.

Ah.

Then yes, the cable with the audio feed should work, just snip off the RCAs and wire that pair into the PTZ and the DVR's RS-485 port.

Get the ptz wire hooked up right and responding before you install it, and label the wires to avoid confusion when you do install it. Each of the two wires one each end must match each other for the ptz to respond. Nothing will blow up if they don't- the ptz just won't respond until you have it right. On the ptz there will be an A/B hookup. On the dvr there will be a ptz A/B hookup. After you snip the rca's off, if the two wires aren't clearly different in color or whatnot, hookup both ends respectively and see if the ptz moves. If it doesn't, change one end around. Once it's moving to your commands, label the wires accordingly. This will make it much easier when you install, obviously. And if you prefer to keep the audio part of the cable in tact for audio, you'll need to run a separate wire from the dvr out to the camera. A simple zip wire will suffice- no need for anything fancy or expensive.

ok shockwave199 but when i dont have audio funtcion on the ptz cam i can easy put this cable for control, or?

Hi. if you are doing a new install i would take the extra time to do the cable work as these lead kits do not last and do not give you the best signal.

i would look at buying a reel of cat5 this will give you more options now and in the future.

ok shockwave199 but when i dont have audio funtcion on the ptz cam i can easy put this cable for control, or?

I don't understand that question.