Sign in to follow this  
Baje

Starlight Camera

Hello,

What exactly is a starlight camera and how does it differ from a "reg" IR camera?

Thanks

I have a friend with a "starlight" camera. He determined that it functioned by doing multiple or extended exposures. Unfortunately that means that a moving object/person becomes a probable indistinguishable blur on the resulting video.

Yeah, I've been adjusting our digital watchdog cameras at work for three nights now. They have starlight. That, along with DNR was the very reason I had to take it into my own hands and start adjusting these cameras. With those settings on, the camera shows beautiful night shots- super good. Until of course a person walks in the fov- they become a blur. If they stand still, great. But who stands still? So off that digital effects crap went and now the pictures are more noisy in low light, but with some adjustments it's entirely acceptable. But more so, moving people look perfect now. Now ID can be had. Long and short- sens up, starlight, DNR are all counter productive for the best night shots of people in motion.

Dear Folks,

As for Star light camera, basically, it is deployed SONY ex-view CCD and utilized loww lux lens such as board lens f=3.6/F1.0 or lower.

Which is better getting color image while enviroment is becoming dark and on the hand is it video is more truely in orginal color than other IR camera.