Sign in to follow this  
Odesys

what are the latest cctv cameras out there?

Hello, I'm new to the forum, I was wondering what specifications are required for cctv cameras to be the latest on the market? Do they need to be HD, Wireless, have Nightvision, Infra Red, Weatherproof etc or anything technical such as the lens type.

Thanks.

What exactly are you looking to do? From your message sounds like you are doing some sort of marketing.

Hi, I'm just looking for some input on the latest surveillance equipment out there. I'm not trying to self promote or anything in that nature. thanks.

In my opinion we have 3 technologies right now:

- analogue - good old PAL/NTSC cameras with maximum 4CIF resolution - here I'd say the latest are Effio-P DSP+Sony sensor, 650TVL. Perhaps there are some standards that are younger, but I reckon this one as most popular.

- IP Cameras - well here's a bit different. Here the main role is on NVR's side. Latest are ONVIF/PSIA standard support 2.0MPx cameras. Yes, I know there are 5, 6, 10 or higer resolution IP cams, but FullHD is a settled standard and its not so expensive to get,

- HDSDI - well its basicly HD resolution via coax cable. No network, no compatibility issues, just plug n play. Still quite expensive.