defy

any help?

I am shopping to purchase a new 16 channel dvr unit with 300GB + mem for my familys retail store. We will want to have remote internet access with a sharp picture and a dvd rw drive in the dvr. we have beed recommended a HUNT model and a SPECO model. can you guys provide me any assistance in selecting a brand? any advice on camera selection? THANKS FOR YOUR ANTICIPATED HELP.

Haven't heard to many good things on the HUNT and Speco models. What is your budget and will you want to access this via the internet remotely?

You're in cali, you may want to look at the Vitek DVRs for that price range.

http://www.vitekcctv.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductID=181

But no DVD, okay, are you looking at a Stand alone or PC based?

Stand alone with DVD, the GE DVMRe-PRO-DVD

PC Based you can get something like the Geo and add a DVD drive to it and whatever HDD you want as its just a PC. You can buy ready made or if you are hardware literate you could build your own.

Rory

The Sanyo 5016 Cheeta is also a great unit that you could look at. It comes with a CDRW and anywhere from 80-600GB hard disk space. I use them in many many jobsites and have never had any problems, just more business.q

yeah we need remote access from a stand alone unit, arent they better (more reliable) than pc based systems? price range whatever it takes to get a good picture and a week of recording time with remote acccess fo 16 cameras. thanks

no real remote video on those units though, nothing worth using anyway. Or have they changed that yet?