Sign in to follow this  
DVR MAN

Running Siamese Cable........DUH!

Soffet install;

For years I have drilled, fed a fish tape through the hole, climbed down the ladder, went inside attached the coax

to the fish, then went back up the ladder and pulled, ETC,ETC.

BUMMER!

Last month I had an appefony. I measured the cable, took

it up the ladder, drilled a 1/2 inch hole, and fed the coax

inside. It coils up in a pile. Then I hook up the camera.

Then go inside and snag the cable with a hook on a rod.

Pull the cable out flat, feed it down the drop hole, add BNC

and stick it on the DVR. Wire the power and DONE. No muss, No fuss. Try it!

DVR MAN

You don't even need to measure the cable , just pull it through till you reach your destination then cut it off. You need to ask yourself why it has taken so long to change your method. A creature of habit no doubt.

Whatever works for you is good. So long as the finished result is good.

There are a thousand ways to skin a cat, no one one of them can claim to be the correct way.

If you developed your own way to do a job and you get a feeling of accomplishment from it, it can't be bad.

well done and hope the installing is going well.

I seem to be surviving on doing odd jobs in people's homes at the moment. Fitting TV wall brackets, installing telephone extensions, TV distribution jobs etc.

You don't even need to measure the cable , just pull it through till you reach your destination then cut it off. You need to ask yourself why it has taken so long to change your method. A creature of habit no doubt.

I pre measure so that I can install the cam while on the ladder.

Then after I climb down, the outside work is done.

DVR MAN

DVR MAN

except for aiming & focusing. Sometimes it lays in a coil that becomes a tangle when you pull it out. Sometimes that tangle is in an inaccessable spot & requires that all the cable be pulled through , tangle sorted out & then relaid. Siamese can be a pain because of the twist that remains when pulled out.

DVR MAN

except for aiming & focusing. Sometimes it lays in a coil that becomes a tangle when you pull it out. Sometimes that tangle is in an inaccessable spot & requires that all the cable be pulled through , tangle sorted out & then relaid. Siamese can be a pain because of the twist that remains when pulled out.

I take the cameras out of the box when recieved. Then I mount

them on a Bogen tripod, hook them to a 20" color Bosch monitor, and focus/back focus them,( I aim out the bedroom window at my Jeep mags to adjust the focus) , and set the F.O.V. according to my IP Video cad spec's. I have never had an issue doing it this way. For cable length, I use my Stabila Laser distancer LE-100. Has not failed me yet.

I have not had a problem with tangeling when using this method. However, I always had issues when pulling the coax with the fish. As for inaccesable locations, I look before drilling when I shoot the Laser. The hook on a stick reaches in tight

areas to grab the coax. Surprisingly, the coax seems to coil up reasonably well.

DVR MAN