drewb0y

DVR System suggestions

We have an existing system here with 2 QSEE QSD9004 DVR boxes each with 4 cameras.

I want to find a suitable replacement that has remote viewing that actually works on any OS or browser.

(definitely not QSEE - which requires activex) At any given time I may be checking from a mac or a windows PC or even linux. Also, iphone and windows phone would be nice.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

At any given time I may be checking from a mac or a windows PC or even linux. Also, iphone and windows phone would be nice.

Hi. take a look at the IC-Realtime range of DVRs or MACE both do pc and mac

Curious if anyone has a true browser agnostic client. Both the Dahua and TFT based units require plugins. TFT based units have a Safari plugin but its rather unpolished and there are issues with various versions of Macs. For linux, you are screwed.

Dahua has clients for Mac and Linux but their Web interface only works with PCs. Running IE in Wine isn't so bad though. The Dahua mobile clients are also superior to TFT.

It would be nice if some of the manufacturers would have a demo system set up you could log in to. I've seen some info on the Clover systems as well, but no details about if it is browser independent or not.

ActiveX is a Windows/IE thing. I have tried IE under WINE and also vmware/XP.

With my current system, there are some other issues going on which are most likely firmware related.

It would be nice if some of the manufacturers would have a demo system set up you could log in to. I've seen some info on the Clover systems as well, but no details about if it is browser independent or not.

ActiveX is a Windows/IE thing. I have tried IE under WINE and also vmware/XP.

With my current system, there are some other issues going on which are most likely firmware related.

Yeah, it would be nice to try before you buy. Really, the Dahua based units are the lesser of two evils. There is some really cool stuff you can do with a Dahua via rstp and looping back a channel. You essentially will have a console view. There is another site that has great writeups, sdks, sample code and clients but the forum admin here won't allow links to it.

I feel your paint though, I went through the same WTF moment when I was shopping. I went with a TFT based unit (Night Owl) and ended up returning it and going with an E**surv Dahua based unit. I'm much happier with it all around.