liukuohao

Dahua Megapixel Camera- which VMS software FULLY support it?

Hi All,

Just wondering which VMS in the market that fully

supports DAHUA range of Megapixel cameras.

Especially the newer models that has come out recently?

Has anyone try on the Nuuo IP+?

Any comments /advice is most welcome.

Thank you.

Regards,

Marcus

I tried NUUO, they say they support some Dahua camera but none of the new ones. They were actually quite rude about it saying if the specific model wasn't on the list they can't help me, basically a "go away, you bother me" attitude. I even tried their ONVIF option, no luck. Heck, even my ACTi TCM-1231 was not working right with it with the lower part of the image blurred and support blamed it on my PC, really, my quad core, 8GB PC is causing video issues with 1 camera when other ACTi cameras work. So I would say support is responsive, but not helpful.

BlueIris works with it, you can see my blog on how but basically you select Dahua DVR and change one of the options. The recording is a little jumpy and they have access to my camera and are working on it. For $50, it's one of the best buy's out there.

There's people trying to make it work with Zoneminder but not having much success. A while back, Sean said Axxon software would work, maybe so, but it's a CPU pig, 4 cameras used 100% of my quad core processor to the point wher it took me a while to kill it because the processor was maxed out.

I tried NUUO, they say they support some Dahua camera but none of the new ones. They were actually quite rude about it saying if the specific model wasn't on the list they can't help me, basically a "go away, you bother me" attitude. I even tried their ONVIF option, no luck. Heck, even my ACTi TCM-1231 was not working right with it with the lower part of the image blurred and support blamed it on my PC, really, my quad core, 8GB PC is causing video issues with 1 camera when other ACTi cameras work. So I would say support is responsive, but not helpful.

BlueIris works with it, you can see my blog on how but basically you select Dahua DVR and change one of the options. The recording is a little jumpy and they have access to my camera and are working on it. For $50, it's one of the best buy's out there.

There's people trying to make it work with Zoneminder but not having much success. A while back, Sean said Axxon software would work, maybe so, but it's a CPU pig, 4 cameras used 100% of my quad core processor to the point wher it took me a while to kill it because the processor was maxed out.

Hi buellwinkle,

Thanks for your comments.

I actually was given kind of like...a warning from Nuuo eHelpDesk, saying that I should contact my own local

Nuuo distributor and Nuuo regional sales, to find out what is the schedule or time line for supporting the

newer Dahua cameras. How strange??? The guy even mentioned that eHelpDesk is for you to post "technical

questions" about their products. Anything that is not related, they expect you to "shut up and keep quiet."

Gosh! Can't they do it in a nicer way....

Now apparently, if I am not mistaken during the previous contact about supporting newer cameras,

if you want to get support, then the Nuuo salesperson need to know what kind of high profile projects

which involves buying a lot of Nuuo hardware/software to support your Dahua cameras (10-20 units, may be?).

If the project is huge and then lots of Nuuo products is sold in this project, then will consider your request

is justifiable of having your desired Dahua cameras to be supported. Otherwise, you can just forget it.

And wait.........indefinitely. Please don't quote me on this, I may be wrong here......

As for Blue Iris, I am not sure it is qualified to be used in large scale /enterprise project, even though BI

supports the latest Dahua 2MP H.264 cameras.

Anyway nice review on the Dahua 2MP camera, great job.

Oh...well...what can I do is sit and wait, until Nuuo releases the device pack which can support the newer

Dahua cameras.

By the way, just a suggestion, since Nuuo supports the Dahua IPC-HF3211 2MP CCD camera (according to

the camera support list)

Dahua IPC-HF3211 2MP CCD camera Link:-http://www.dahuatech.com/english/product_info.aspx?type=339&&css=0&&id=10

Have you try this preset profile of IPC-HF3211 in Nuuo IP+ software(select Dahua, select IPC-HF3211),

to force Nuuo to recognize your camera to be IPC-HFW3200C. And use this setting to work?

If I remember correctly, they had 4 Dahua products listed, I tried each and everyone with the HFW3200 and doesn't even connect to the camera.

BlueIris is for home use, didn't know the scope of your project. Milestone can support Dahua via ONVIF I heard. You can request a free single camera license with Milestone to test this if you want. Also you can test with their free product, XProtect GO and see how it works with their camera.

Hi buellwinkle,

If I remember correctly, they had 4 Dahua products listed, I tried each and everyone with the HFW3200 and doesn't even connect to the camera.

Sigh.... , it is just too bad....it did not work, I was hoping that it did work.

BlueIris is for home use, didn't know the scope of your project. Milestone can support Dahua via ONVIF I heard. You can request a free single camera license with Milestone to test this if you want. Also you can test with their free product, XProtect GO and see how it works with their camera.

Actually, my plan is going for Nuuo VMS software, since customer is more comfortable with it

rather switching to Milestone. Otherwise, if it does, then my customer needs to be educated of

using a entire new VMS which will cause extra $$$. Due to the fact that we are buying the

hardware and software in US Dollars which is 3 times of our currency, every penny that we can

save means a lot to us.

Sigh... so I guess..., I just have to wait and see when Nuuo is going come out the device

pack for supporting Dahua cameras.

Thanks.

NetvisionDVR works with Dahua cameras - also the later ones AFAIK. They also sell Dahua cameras and if you buy from them, you will get their Software for free. They don't call them Dahua though.

I myself use NetvisionDVR only for analogue cameras and I am very happy with it. I will try it with Megapixel Dahua cameras soon.

Digifort is compatible with Dahua Products.

http://www.digifort.com/compatibilities

You can download and Try Digifort by activating Temporary Lic

V-r57UIWBps

Hi D&C_ELECTRONICS,

Thanks for your input.

Digifort software seems to be very attractive.

I checked out the camera support list and it does support

all the Dahua cameras.

Does it supports camera hardware motion detection?

Meaning that the VMS is relying the camera's built-in motion analysis

for motion detection. Rather than solely relying VMS to do the job.

Having this way, will save a lot of CPU resource.

Thanks

Edited by Guest

Hi buellwinkle,

Thanks for you advice.

Milestone is compatible with Dahua and comes in various flavors from free to more expensive than the cameras.

However, there are some drawbacks..............

It does not support the full range of Dahua cameras compares to Digifort.

199857_1.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Maximum 5 days storage- definitely not acceptable in a production environment.

I guess Xprotect Go with 8 free version is really meant for home use or a small business

office place to use.

No web client (remote client)- instead it has Smart client and Xprotect Mobile for Iphone and Android phones.

So you cannot use IE browser to view remotely when you are away in a business trip

or holidays.

Refering to your Miestone Xprotect Go review:

http://ipcamnetwork.wordpress.com/2012/05/17/milestone-xprotect-go-nvr-software/

At the conclusion, you stated you had some issue about the slowness of your PC.

I am surprised that Xprotect Go was consuming a lot CPU resource for viewing 4 HD H.264 cameras and making

your PC responded slowly. What kind of Quad core CPU you had for testing the software? Intel or AMD?

A Quad core CPU should able to handle the job quite easily without making a sweat!

Thanks.

Hi koolmer,

Thanks for your input.

NetvisionDVR works with Dahua cameras - also the later ones AFAIK. They also sell Dahua cameras and if you buy from them, you will get their Software for free. They don't call them Dahua though.

I myself use NetvisionDVR only for analogue cameras and I am very happy with it. I will try it with Megapixel Dahua cameras soon.

Unfornately, Netvision DVR does not have a VMS (If I am not mistaken). It has stand alone DVR machines to support Dahua cameras.

Thanks.

I am surprised that Xprotect Go was consuming a lot CPU resource for viewing 4 HD H.264 cameras and making

your PC responded slowly. What kind of Quad core CPU you had for testing the software? Intel or AMD?

A Quad core CPU should able to handle the job quite easily without making a sweat!

Thanks.

It is no secret that Milestone uses a lot of CPU cycles to run their software.

Unfornately, Netvision DVR does not have a VMS (If I am not mistaken). It has stand alone DVR machines to support Dahua cameras.

Thanks.

You are mistaken

They have a very good VMS.

http://cqkczloa.gotoip3.com/Home/SubCategoryDetails/40

For some reason all pictures are gone from the website...

And there is no compatibility list...

They have good support though, they are also around in this forum sometimes.

Koolmer, thanks for the heads up on their software. Works very well indeed. It has a very short list of supported cameras and no support for generic cameras but I tested it with Dahua, AVTech and Axis and worked very well. Does server side MD, but actually wasn't a pig like others. With three cameras, 2MP Dahua, 1.3MP AVTech and Axis VGA it may have used 25% but I have other stuff running, and this included viewing the cameras and may use less cycles if I ran it as a service. Has Android and iPhone apps but did not test. Uses a timeline for viewing recordings, you select which cameras to view during playback and has variable speeds from 1/4X to 8X for playback. Playback is smooth. Has motion detect and privacy zones. Supports multiple monitors. Has a nice clean contemporary look. Also has face recognition that I also did not test. The pricing seems to be $20/camera, don't know if they throw it free with a camera purchase as mentioned, but you can always ask.

For the OP, this is a pretty nice interface and if they like NUUO, this one is comperable. I find NUUO a little too flashy in it's presentation and to me this one looks cleaner, more professional looking. Way easier to use than Milestone. BTW, you would have to get the pay version of Milestone and it would cost more than the cameras.

As for Digifort, could not find any pricing details or a way to download a trial version. I like to test software before buying to make sure it's compatible with cameras I have, see if it works and see how much resources it consumes.

I should do a full review but here's the two key screenshots so you get a flavor of what the product looks like. If you have Dahua and/or AVTech cameras, have trouble finding the right NVR software, this is the best I've seen so far.

Live View Screen

199865_1.jpg

Playback Screen

199865_2.jpg

Hi D&C_ELECTRONICS,

Thanks for your input.

Digifort software seems to be very attractive.

I checked out the camera support list and it does support

all the Dahua cameras.

Does it supports camera hardware motion detection?

Meaning that the VMS is relying the camera's built-in motion analysis

for motion detection. Rather than solely relying VMS to do the job.

Having this way, will save a lot of CPU resource.

Thanks

It's supports Camera Motion Detection.

Keep in mind that Digifort have a really fast integration Team, Even If your camera is not in the supported list, the can make the integration really fast.

I insist to download It and Test It

As for Digifort, could not find any pricing details or a way to download a trial version. I like to test software before buying to make sure it's compatible with cameras I have, see if it works and see how much resources it consumes.

From the following Link you can download all Versions of Digifort.

http://www.digifort.com/downloads

You can activate 4 Hours Temporary License (You tube video I post earlier) or If you want send me PM to give you 30 Days Trial Version.

Also If you need Prices, send me PM

Hi thewireguys,

Thanks for you input.

Thanks.

It is no secret that Milestone uses a lot of CPU cycles to run their software.

I presume you have some experience in using Milestone Xprotect surveillance program.

I am just wondering does all versions of Milestone Xprotect, like Essential, Express...etc

suffer the same problem, that is the program really consumes lots of much of the CPU resources,

and therefore making a Quad core CPU installed desktop PC to perform at snail's pace?

Thanks.

Hi D&C_ELECTRONICS,

Thanks for replying my questions. " title="Applause" />

From the following Link you can download all Versions of Digifort.

http://www.digifort.com/downloads

You can activate 4 Hours Temporary License (You tube video I post earlier) or If you want send me PM to give you 30 Days Trial Version.

Also If you need Prices, send me PM

Sigh....to many things to do...hopefully I can find some peace and quiet time

to test all the programs. 30 day trial version, I might just consider that.....

The 30 days trial version supports how many camera? Still 4 units?

By the way, it is good to hear that Digifort supports camera built-in hardware

motion detection, since I have a couple of the ACTi Megapixels cameras that

has this function available. This feature will definitely offset the load from the

CPU. I personally see this a great benefit after testing LuxRiot Advanced version.

Thanks.

Hi Koolmer,

Thanks.

You are mistaken

They have a very good VMS.

http://cqkczloa.gotoip3.com/Home/SubCategoryDetails/40

For some reason all pictures are gone from the website...

And there is no compatibility list...

They have good support though, they are also around in this forum sometimes.

Exactly where can I download the software from?

I was looking at the link that you given, above, but when I click download and select ANY of

the products, like....."NVMP_site", it will just show me the log on page.

I get myself registered, till now my account is not activated yet, since I did not receive

any email notice for asking me to activate my account.

I hate to say this, the website is kind of "half-cooked", this kind of work does not

show a good impression to potential customer who is interested in Netvision DVR

products. So the first impression completes the whole picture about the company.

And the impression is very negative.....

Thanks.

Finally I found the link to download the "NVR+" software that "buellwinkle" is testing.....

Here is the link:http://www.ipcctv-software.com/downloads.html -you need to get yourself

registered using your email, in order to download. After that, it will automatically jump to Cnet website

Or...alternatively, if you don't like them knowing your email address, you can download straight from this link:

http://download.cnet.com/NVR/3000-2348_4-75578497.html?tag=mncol;1, Don't click the green download button.

Just below it you will see a small link stating: Direct Download Link, click this link, then you see

your browser will start to download the file: nvr-ipcctv.zip which contains NVR+ v3.3.3

" title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" />

It seems like the software maker is Linovision, I may be wrong.

It sells the software to others: http://www.ipcctv-software or http://www.blackwatchcctv.com and

Here is the link:http://www.linovision.com/en/products/featured-software/nvr.html

Here is the link of NVR+ screenshots: http://www.ipcctv-software.com/screenshots.html

Thanks

Edited by Guest

I just installed 4 Dahua's at my home and after trying Milestone, Avigilon, Exacq, Blueiris I settled with milestone.

It was rock solid in my testing, the price was right, their mobile client has been solid (aside from initially setting it up,) and the server side motion detection works well.

It is a bit of a CPU hog but on a Core i5 with 8GB RAM it's barely noticeable. The only time I notice it is on startup after a reboot or something.

I really liked the Avigilon software but unfortunately Dahua's motion detection is not supported... (yet, speaking with the tech folks at Avigilon they said if Dahua gets up to the latest version of ONVIF it should be supported.)

I just installed 4 Dahua's at my home and after trying Milestone, Avigilon, Exacq, Blueiris I settled with milestone.

It was rock solid in my testing, the price was right, their mobile client has been solid (aside from initially setting it up,) and the server side motion detection works well.

It is a bit of a CPU hog but on a Core i5 with 8GB RAM it's barely noticeable. The only time I notice it is on startup after a reboot or something.

I really liked the Avigilon software but unfortunately Dahua's motion detection is not supported... (yet, speaking with the tech folks at Avigilon they said if Dahua gets up to the latest version of ONVIF it should be supported.)

One thing to note with Milestone is that the smart client defaults to full resolution display, placing a very high load on the processor. I usually change the display resolution in the split screen view down to "High" or "Super High", rather than "Full". This also helps quite a bit when viewing remotely, as the bandwidth required is much lower.

Don't know who developed it but the least expensive place I found that carries it is Linovision at $20/cam. Like I said, works very well, no issues I ran into. I want to take a look at another NVR product from NetVision which is free with camera purchase. I thought it was the same but it's not but supports ACTi cameras which is a huge plus for me.

Hi badgcoupe,

Thanks for your input.

May I know which version Milestone Xprotect you are using to test your Dahua cameras? Xprotect Go??? or Essential???

Milestone Xprotect only support 1 model of Dahua camera, and that is the IP-HF3300P or a PAL version.

This is a 3MP camera, did you have 4 units of 3MP cameras tested using MS Xprotect at your home.

Also what is your Core i5 CPU usage in terms of % = 10% or 30 %??? when doing live monitoring on 4 x 3MP cameras +

software motion detection is enabled in MS Xprotect on 4 cameras?

Your answers is much appreciated.

Thanks.