See if you can get a night shot from them from that model camera. The reason is domes are trickier to make than other types of cameras. A poorly designed dome can be bad because you'll get light bleed that creates glares and halos on the image. Also, it may bleed at different angles. Trust but verify.

Sample night time video of same camera but under different name,

BD3-lnpzUDI

Thanks. Not bad but I'm seeing prices of about $600. I think I might try to go with the Dahua IPC-HDB3200C and see if there is enough street light to not need IR

BD3-lnpzUDI

Thanks. Not bad but I'm seeing prices of about $600. I think I might try to go with the Dahua IPC-HDB3200C and see if there is enough street light to not need IR

yeah, either from ebay $339 or china is the lowest for now.

I ordered the HFW3200C from China and camera is due to be delivered next week.

BD3-lnpzUDI

yeah, either from ebay $339 or china is the lowest for now.

I ordered the HFW3200C from China and camera is due to be delivered next week.

The HFW3200C is a great camera. It would be my first choice but I'd prefer a dome as it is for a residential home and trying to avoid any HOA problems or anything too obtrusive.

My concern is the 1/60th max shutter speed that could impact low light capability as I usuallly run my cams at 1/30th of sec. Other than that, looks like a good value and I'm not a fan of 1080P because it's wide and short and I can't get the type of coverage I want. Maybe I'll get one to do a review. I'll see if they have any in stock. Also, my wholesale price list shows this to havre a 4.5mm to 10mm F1.6 lens but the Dahua site says 3.3mm-12mm F1.4 lens. What are you guys seeing? The issue to me is 4.5mm is too narrow for a 3MP camera as typically with that much resolution you want to cover a larger area.

My concern is the 1/60th max shutter speed that could impact low light capability as I usuallly run my cams at 1/30th of sec. Other than that, looks like a good value and I'm not a fan of 1080P because it's wide and short and I can't get the type of coverage I want. Maybe I'll get one to do a review. I'll see if they have any in stock. Also, my wholesale price list shows this to havre a 4.5mm to 10mm F1.6 lens but the Dahua site says 3.3mm-12mm F1.4 lens. What are you guys seeing? The issue to me is 4.5mm is too narrow for a 3MP camera as typically with that much resolution you want to cover a larger area.

Yeah, not sure which to believe. I see the following listed too for the same camera:

http://www.smarttechcctv.com/private_folder/DH-IPC-HDBW3300.pdf

While on Dahuatech site it is as what you pointed out.

I checked with two Dahua distributors, one says it's the 4.5-10mm F1.6 lens, the other is the 3.3-12mm F1.4 lens. Seems like the 4.5-10mm is old stock.

I checked with two Dahua distributors, one says it's the 4.5-10mm F1.6 lens, the other is the 3.3-12mm F1.4 lens. Seems like the 4.5-10mm is old stock.

Good to know this info. I wonder which version would be better.

Without having them side by side, who knows. But here's why I would want the newer one. First, it's newer, will likely have any bugs or design defects that may be in the older version fixed. Second, 4.5mm is not wide enough for me for a 3MP camera. For many, the point of having higher resolution is being able to have a wider image and still retain the detail they want. Also, the lens is F1.4 on the newer one vs F1.6 which may explain why the older model has a 10-20m rated IR illuminator vs. the newer one just says 20m.

This is technology, you never want last year's model of anything. Frankly, I'm not sure I want the new one, wheres the one coming after that, I want that one '

Without having them side by side, who knows. But here's why I would want the newer one. First, it's newer, will likely have any bugs or design defects that may be in the older version fixed. Second, 4.5mm is not wide enough for me for a 3MP camera. For many, the point of having higher resolution is being able to have a wider image and still retain the detail they want. Also, the lens is F1.4 on the newer one vs F1.6 which may explain why the older model has a 10-20m rated IR illuminator vs. the newer one just says 20m.

This is technology, you never want last year's model of anything. Frankly, I'm not sure I want the new one, wheres the one coming after that, I want that one '

True.

Also for this camera, running at 3MP is only 15 fps. It will drop to 2MP for 30fps, so not much different other than

form factor versus the bullet style one?

Carl,

can ya please email which distributor has the new 3.3-12mm version?

Thanks a bunch!

About time. They make an NVR that only supports a max of 2MP but then they have these cool 3MP cameras. Dahua seems to put cameras on their website that may not release for a while. Still waiting for their 1.3MP day/night minidome with illuminators to come out. Would be nice indoors.

The only thing the specs that raises a red flag is the 12W usage, ouch, I can run two on my 4 port switch. Don't know why because the 3MP version is 10W.

That is an HD-SDI camera..not IP camera. Also using CMOS and not CCD so it will be quite expensive.

ahh. yeah!

Can't you use the 3MP dome in 1080P mode if you want to? I was wondering if it will work with their NVR that only mentions 1080P support, but my guess would be that if you run the 3MP camera in 1080P mode in theory it should work but may not even recognize that model. Then later if they provide 3MP support in the firmware for their NVR you can take advantage of the unused MP. For what it's worth, the 3MP dome cost less than the 1080P Bullet so I can't image that if they did come out with an IPC-HDWB2200 that the price would difference would be that different.

Can't you use the 3MP dome in 1080P mode if you want to? I was wondering if it will work with their NVR that only mentions 1080P support, but my guess would be that if you run the 3MP camera in 1080P mode in theory it should work but may not even recognize that model. Then later if they provide 3MP support in the firmware for their NVR you can take advantage of the unused MP. For what it's worth, the 3MP dome cost less than the 1080P Bullet so I can't image that if they did come out with an IPC-HDWB2200 that the price would difference would be that different.

That is possible to use in 1080P mode, but why pay for the 3MP if not going to use it.

I wanted to do 30fps and 3MP is only capable of 15fps.

You can't pay for it if they don't make it and if you use their NVR and there's a 1080P limit, it is what it is. The cost differential between 2MP and 3MP is pretty small, on the bullet camera, it's a $15 difference. My concern would be that the NVR may auto-detect that its a 3MP camera and not allow it. Has anyone tried it? The reason is I'm setting a system where the customer prefers domes and prefers an NVR.

Sorry for bumping the thread, but I just got one (some weeks ago) and I am AMAZED what I got for $300 SHIPPED to Norway!

Thanks to buellwinkle for his site (http://networkcameracritic.com/) that got me looking into Dahua. I had a Foscam that replaced this camera and what a world of difference. For $300 it's a GREAT camera. I use it as a dog monitor and for that it works just great. I mounted it in the ceiling, corner of the room, and it covers the whole room (minus a couple of blind spots, because of the layout), but I would not hesitate for a second to buy another camera like this.

IR works great for my needs. It has more than enough IR lighting to light up the entire room at night.

THAT being said I am totally new to this game, and I have only had a Foscam previously.

I finally got the image quality right but I'm a bit disappointed about the range of the camera. Here's an image:

211611_1.jpg

6tcqnr3BH4s

It's the front of my house/garagedoor seen from above. The white square is the stucco facade and the black square on the rightcorner below is a window. The grey part is my driveway. The purpose of the camera is to see the garage door and notify me if there's any movement because the garage is in my basement.

The camera almost covers the 6 meters wide driveway but not completely which I prefer. The camera hangs 6 meters above the driveway.

Is it possible to change the lens in this camera? If so is this one suitable:

http://www.dx.com/p/replacement-fixed-iris-wide-angle-lens-for-cctv-camera-2-8mm-51866?rt=1&p=2&m=2&r=3&k=1&t=1&s=47018&u=51866

The short answer is no. You can't change the lens as the camera is precisely built for a lens of as specific size. If you put a longer lens it will hit the dome, if it's too short, you'll get severe light bleed from the LEDS. Besides, going from 3.3mm to 2.8mm is not going to change the view that much from such a short distance.

Also, what do you expect to capture from that angle, the top of someone's head? It would make more sense if you had an indoor camera with PIR motion detect like an AVTech that can alert you on your phone if someone enters your garage and play back the recorded video or view the area live. Then use the Dahua to cover the front of your home at a much higher angle to see people's faces, car's license plates and such.