Thanks buellwinkle for the explanation about the lens.

I understand what you saying about the angle but for me it's not important to recognize someone or something. I just want to be notified in case of motion because in that specific area no one has to be there except me and my wife with our cars. It's not an corridor or walkway for the mailman or such. And this works almost fine for now with Surveillance Station from my Synology NAS. For now I just can't get the setting right with email and/or sms function in SS but I didn't really tried

If I had the chance to do it all over (building my house I mean) I would pick some different angels for the cameras because now I know more about cctv than 1,5 years ago when I had to pick an angle to provide the cables for the cameras. Everyone has got a learning curve right

For those who are interested, you can download the firmware I got from my vendor here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oed7w6jk9vyskob/General_IPC-HX3XXX_Eng_P_V2.103.0000.0.R.20120724.bin

Thanks Chob. My camera was stuck with chinese only firmware after buying directly from china (we have an office there) after they were refusing to provide english version since I didn't get from an english distributor! After updating the firmware in english finally " title="Applause" />

I am considering getting one of these Dahua IPC-HDBW3300 and I was wondering how they mount? Do they require a mounting kit (sold separately?) or do they have another method? I can't seem to find much information about mounting them and no images to show. i am looking to get one and mount it under the awning of our walkway, but would rather know how they mount before I purchase one.

Thanks in advance if you can let me know or show some images video of how to mount them!

Thanks,

Mitch

Hey, I have uploaded the user guide of this camera with the schema how to install it.

https://mega.co.nz/#!QY00mZ4b!zUy0Gp8PYGv6ezGue5vD1Bwa_6muNeNdSXrqVUJx_l0

Thank you very much, just what I have been looking for. Seems Dahua could do a lot more business if they got more information out about their products, including dealers. I can manage to find their cameras here and their, but for example, the PZT Mounting Bracket they make, still haven't been able to find a dealer that sells one. And mounting information, sigh, same result. Even their website that has information on the equipment doesn't have mounting instructions or even images to give you an idea.

So thank you again for the document!