casemoree

covert drive monitoring

Hi, I'm experiencing problems on front garden. I need to covertly monitor and record this area and driveway alongside, hopefully from inside house - upper bedroom window - through double glazing. Drive is approx. 40 feet long. I need both day and night monitoring.

I would appreciate help in selecting system components to enable me to do this.

Thanks, casemoree

You'll have a rough time with anything at night through a window. Does it need to be covert to people inside and outside the house, or just outside? What is your budget?

Recording from inside rises a problem. At night, when most sittuations ahppen, Zou should have IR illuminator beaming on the location. If its from inside, it will reflect from window and picture will be unclear.

Id recommend discrete vandal proof cameras outside. ICR and IR are mandatory. Add DVR, HDD, some coax cable, monitor and power adaptors and You have a system.

thanks Dipol. I'm completely new to this situation and would appreciate any info re discrete vandal proof external camera system.

Thanks, casemoree

the simplest solution is to use a carcam or the like,

less than $100, the quality is a million times better than the analogue cctv rubbish, and they work in low light too without IR, so if you had some lighting in your driveway that would be even better

but you would have to take out the SD card each morning for a review of the footage, and prob a small external LI battery for 8 hours recording that you would have to change over

but they are much smaller and easier to hide - in a tree perhaps?

Hi, is it possible not to have to use a DVR box to store info from e.g. a dome security camera but to use a video capture card in a PC, storing data to it's hard drive?

Thanks for any advice.