irab88

Need a Video Server with more features

i'm getting into video servers, but my needs are pretty specific

-either 8 or 16 output (would highly prefer 16)

-able to rotate inputs (90* ccw, 90* cw, etc)

-record video

-compatible with most web browsers

basically monitoring a place on the other side of a river, and the orientation of the cameras is such that i would need to view them in "portrait" instead of "landscape". everything is indoors.

i'm wanting to know if there is a video server like this out there. i have a gv-vs04h geovision (from another project) that i'm using to test with, but it falls short in the above categories.

thanks a bunch

When you say rotate the inputs 90 degrees, you mean you want to see the image sideways or somehow normalized so say a 16:9 aspect ration is now 9:16?

When you say rotate the inputs 90 degrees, you mean you want to see the image sideways or somehow normalized so say a 16:9 aspect ration is now 9:16?

yeah. example being:

camera sees this:

200718_1.jpg

i want to see this:

200718_2.jpg

That would be very useful. For example, alleys, side yards where it's long an narrow, to take a 1080P image and make it vertical would be great.

It would likely have to be a dome camera with 3 axis adjustments that can physically rotate the image 90 degrees then software would have to rotate the image so that it's not sideways. Doesn't seem that hard to do.

How would you display it? Say a 1080x1920 resolution image on a 1080P monitor? Would you have a monitor that tilted in portrait mode? Would you just display a shruken max of 610x1080? How would you mix portrait and lanscape mode images on the same display if say I had 50/50 mix of each?

So to be clear, this is what the OP wants -

200742_1.jpg

Rotated as is to

200742_2.jpg

Where I thought he meant -

200742_3.jpg

I know Axis does this it's called corridor view I think. Some of the cameras and encoders also do this.

awesome, thanks. i'll look at some tomorrow

That would be very useful. For example, alleys, side yards where it's long an narrow, to take a 1080P image and make it vertical would be great.

exactly

It would likely have to be a dome camera with 3 axis adjustments that can physically rotate the image 90 degrees then software would have to rotate the image so that it's not sideways. Doesn't seem that hard to do.

the camera is fixed sideways, and software is the only way to do it. but yeah, i'm surprised more video servers (or encoders?) don't already have that function

How would you display it? Say a 1080x1920 resolution image on a 1080P monitor? Would you have a monitor that tilted in portrait mode? Would you just display a shruken max of 610x1080? How would you mix portrait and lanscape mode images on the same display if say I had 50/50 mix of each?

a vertical image on a horizontal screen is fine. most of my images will be vertical (the rotated image) and viewed on a different computer depending where i am.

also, resolution is not that important. 640x480 is plenty for my aplication

So to be clear, this is what the OP wants -

200742_1.jpg

Rotated as is to

200742_2.jpg

Where I thought he meant -

200742_3.jpg

yup! just rotated is all. nothing too fancy, i hope

I know Axis does this it's called corridor view I think. Some of the cameras and encoders also do this.

It would likely have to be a dome camera with 3 axis adjustments that can physically rotate the

Here is example

Avigilon cam and software corridor view

was resize for forum

can not be done with IP servers if I remember correct

corridor.jpg.db6bb7232c82326b170c3203441d7c64.jpg

so after some researching, i found that it is only axis network cameras that support corridor format. crud. the search continues...

so after some researching, i found that it is only axis network cameras that support corridor format. crud. the search continues...

Not true Aviglion also supports this see pic below

www.avigilon.com

It would likely have to be a dome camera with 3 axis adjustments that can physically rotate the

Here is example

Avigilon cam and software corridor view

was resize for forum

can not be done with IP servers if I remember correct

axis is done at install. so is permanent. set lens then software to turn image.... but cant change once set. if footage is to be permanent then axis is fine.

ak357. sorry thought the op was asking for a camera to do both.

axis is done at install. so is permanent. set lens then software to turn image.... but cant change once set. if footage is to be permanent then axis is fine.

ak357. sorry thought the op was asking for a camera to do both.

The same for Avigilon

Position camera then flip image by software

Done