34Ford

Cheap Ebay siamese cable is junk.

I know now it was a mistake, but last year I bought 500ft of that stuff and I did one run if it at about 100ft.

Well everything seemed ok then the camera started dropping out. I switched out 2 other cameras and determined it wasn't them.

Video is fine. So, its gotta be the camera is not getting enough voltage?

I guess I really need to check voltage and see if it is in fact low.

This coax is advertised at 18ga wire.

I have 9 other cameras around my place with different coax and never had any problems with them, so its gotta be this cheap crap.

500 feet = 152.4 meters , i think its distance .... try to use higer current and/or voltage ... so if you use 500 mA 12 V DC try with 1000 mA 12 V DC , then try 14 V ...

I have not bought any of that cheap cable off ebay - yet, but I planned on buying the cat5 there.

If you read some of the auctions, they say the wire inside isn't even copper, its aluminum copper clad

Yea I have had good luck with cat 5 cable off Ebay. In fact I bought 75' yesterday and I ended up buying it from Newegg on Ebay.

I have not bought any of that cheap cable off ebay - yet, but I planned on buying the cat5 there.

If you read some of the auctions, they say the wire inside isn't even copper, its aluminum copper clad

if yor installing for yourself then you can take the risk from ebay.

but if you are installing for others just buy local............. you will spend more time and effort replacing crap