psi

Wireless Camera Setup!! HELP!!!

I really need some advise one this!

I have to implement a wireless camera system and would like some advise on the type of camera and exactly how i would go about setting this up. I need cameras that can transmit about 1000ft signal. Or Can i setup up wireless cameras connect them to a router and then connect the router to another router so that i can transmit signal at a longer range?

I need about 30 cameras... and the area is about a square mile.

Please some help would rele be appreciated.

what about if i connect the wireless cameras to a router and the install some network extenders to bounce the signals to another router... would that work?

agree with GrouchoBoucho .... if we forget signal strenght ( in EU is limited) and weather facts ....think about bandwidth - 30 x 800 kb its really hard to set up .. i didnt see any reliable wireless setup at that magnitude ... i dont say its not possibille but it will be tricy ... i am interested on other member inputs on this ...

what about if i connect the wireless cameras to a router and the install some network extenders to bounce the signals to another router... would that work?

you can use WDS, which stands for Wireless Distribution System, is a feature that enables single-radio APs to be wirelessly inconnected instead of using a wired Ethernet connection. Many ruters support this, and for cheaper ones there is WRT firmware.

But i am not sure if this will work for that scale of install (bandwidht)

A wireless system will have no issues with 30mbps IF you know how to design it properly and use the right gear. This a not a project you should take on for your first wireless project unless you wanna burn though all of time and money to get everything working.