Sign in to follow this  
mikeloew1

Setting up tours with Pelco cameras

Guys I have 5 Pelco Spectra PTZ cams, I have really never used the tour capabilities, I just set one up to try it, I set 5 presets and the cameras will go to each preset for 10 seconds. I kind of like this as I am covering more area now. How hard is this on the cameras? I would assume I will be rebuilding them much more frequently with them moving now.

in my experience i still havent been able to set up the Panning on a spectra outside of using a pelco matrix system or direct keyboard....

but if you do have a keyboard.....if you press 95 preset and hold preset ...youll get the onboard camera menu....in the menu you can program the camera to record a Touring pattern.. .. and if you dont have a pelco matrix system on this camera...you can program a park feature so after a few mins it will start the tour.

this can also be done with the special 1000 pda with monitor package pelco sells to set up spectra and espirt cameras

Tours and scans reduce the life of PTZs. Pelco even shortens the warranty on some P/T's (though not Spectras) that are run in any type of continuous motion mode from 2 years to 6 months (http://apps.pelco.com/products/dst/Pelco_Spectra_IV_Series_Dome_Drive_manual.pdf

"Two years:

– Standard motorized or fixed focal length lenses

– DF5/DF8 Series fixed dome products

– Legacy® Series integrated positioning systems

– Spectra III™, Spectra Mini, Spectra Mini IP, Esprit®, ExSite®, and PS20

scanners, including when used in continuous motion applications.

– Esprit Ti and TI2500 Series thermal imaging products

– Esprit and WW5700 Series window wiper (excluding wiper blades).

– CM6700/CM6800/CM9700 Series matrix

– Digital Light Processing (DLP®) displays (except lamp and color wheel).

The lamp and color wheel will be covered for a period of 90 days. The

air filter is not covered under warranty.

– Intelli-M® eIDC controllers

• One year:

– Video cassette recorders (VCRs), except video heads. Video heads will

be covered for a period of six months.

• Six months:

– All pan and tilts, scanners, or preset lenses used in continuous motion

applications (preset scan, tour, and auto scan modes)."

Sounds like your using a Spectra HD or Spectra 5. In that case the 95 set will not work. Everything related to the tour has to be done thru the web gui.

As far as wear and tear from constantly running tours/patterns goes, it all depends. We have some that have been running for years and some that go down after a month or so. Guess it all depends on how hungover the factory guys were on that given day!!