Toaster

Options installing outside, on brick, no inside wall ?

Basically the cabling will be all run outside. NOT IDEAL - I KNOW.

There is no attic, its pretty much like this, walls are drywall, insulation, outside/brick/siding.

Ceiling, insulated board of some kind, shingles (roof). no attic.

So, I'm going to have to poke a hole in the wall, route the wires outside, and run along the outside to wherever the cameras will go. I was thinking about pvc conduit for the wires and cabling... that's gonna be fun... but the problem is the camera location(s), should I use some kind of box? (if they even make one big enough).

Some of these cameras will most likely have that little joystick pigtail thing for osd controls.

If anyone has tackled this before and maybe has some pictures and advice, I would absolutely LOVE to see and read any help is appreciated.

If your looking to hide cables and not use Conduit....its more work and time taking....if the wall molding on the floor is large enough you can remove them alll and cut a gap in the sheet rock for the cables and run them behind the molding. again depending on how many cables and distance it will take some time... then from the outside you drill in to the wall void and snake to the bottom of the inside wall... outside i would use weatherproof electrical boxes...one gang...sold in any loews or home depot. some weather proof romex like connectors .. and this should help.... again only if you want to spend the time to hide all and make it look clean.

Hope that helps