Toaster

What are the pro's installing on a budget? Suggestions?

I realize that most of the regular's on this forum are in the business, and this is their livelihood. You guys eat, drink and breathe this stuff... I get it. Of course you know the in's and out's, the good, the bad and the ugly.

Obviously, not every client want's to drop big bucks on ip and megapixel. (maybe I should say, can't afford to spend the big bucks).

Anyway, I have a feeling you guys are still installing and setting up (at least) some analog setups... and I'm sure you know what hardware is good, what performs well on a budget, and what to stay away from. In this context we are saying analog (non ip megapixel) setups are "budget".

OK... So the question is pretty easy, What do you guys suggest for camera's TODAY? General purpose let's say... You guys know better than anyone, the customer always wants to get the most for their dollar.

I've seen lots of talk about Effio dsp... I've seen Sony ExView super had II 960h ccd chipset cameras, and then I have seen some other variant of super had in some other flavor(s) with lower overall resolutions... Then you see lots of 700 tvl cameras, and even more 600tvl cameras - I'm guessing because they've been around longer (the 600tvl variants I mean).

Searching this topic is hard, because it really is a TIME SENSITIVE topic.... Just a couple of years ago lot's of people on here loved the CNB 24vf cameras (or other CNB models)... claiming those were the one's to get, today most of the more recent posts argue that CNB falls short in some fashion be it aggresive night DNR, or something else... and I even saw one post where the OP says he's done with CNB, when his posts from a year or 2 earlier show him PRAISING CNB camera's. (*NOTE: I'm not trying to rag on CNB or any brand, just using the example I have personally read about on this forum)

SO: With Effio DSP and the new Sony ExView Super Had II 960h, CNB's Blue-I, WDR, Eclipse technology, and I'm sure TONS OF OTHERS... What do YOU guys suggest for old fashion Analog camera's nowadays? What would you suggest ???

The big problem with "budget" anything is whenever anyone mentions it here, they get slammed.

Seems like everything low cost is junk in the opinions of the posters/repliers. That's why I asked this question, surely even the pro's MUST install analog, and if so, what are the suggested cameras.

I realize that most of the regular's on this forum are in the business, and this is their livelihood. You guys eat, drink and breathe this stuff... I get it. Of course you know the in's and out's, the good, the bad and the ugly.

Obviously, not every client want's to drop big bucks on ip and megapixel. (maybe I should say, can't afford to spend the big bucks).

Anyway, I have a feeling you guys are still installing and setting up (at least) some analog setups... and I'm sure you know what hardware is good, what performs well on a budget, and what to stay away from. In this context we are saying analog (non ip megapixel) setups are "budget".

OK... So the question is pretty easy, What do you guys suggest for camera's TODAY? General purpose let's say... You guys know better than anyone, the customer always wants to get the most for their dollar.

I've seen lots of talk about Effio dsp... I've seen Sony ExView super had II 960h ccd chipset cameras, and then I have seen some other variant of super had in some other flavor(s) with lower overall resolutions... Then you see lots of 700 tvl cameras, and even more 600tvl cameras - I'm guessing because they've been around longer (the 600tvl variants I mean).

Searching this topic is hard, because it really is a TIME SENSITIVE topic.... Just a couple of years ago lot's of people on here loved the CNB 24vf cameras (or other CNB models)... claiming those were the one's to get, today most of the more recent posts argue that CNB falls short in some fashion be it aggresive night DNR, or something else... and I even saw one post where the OP says he's done with CNB, when his posts from a year or 2 earlier show him PRAISING CNB camera's. (*NOTE: I'm not trying to rag on CNB or any brand, just using the example I have personally read about on this forum)

SO: With Effio DSP and the new Sony ExView Super Had II 960h, CNB's Blue-I, WDR, Eclipse technology, and I'm sure TONS OF OTHERS... What do YOU guys suggest for old fashion Analog camera's nowadays? What would you suggest ???

Depends on how low they go. For customers that are extremely cheap, I tell them to call someone else. It takes more time to install a garbage system then a pro system, and usually we are not paid by the hour.

For customers who just want basic and cant afford pro, I usually just install Zmodo. You can find their cam/dvr packages almost everywhere, they are cheap, and good systems. They also have good tech support, very knowledgeable guys which is not common in this industry. I use these systems usually for people who just want a basic 4-8ch system for security and dont really care that much about remote access.