gawie

Mobile DVR

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a mobile dvr with 4 cameras. Three of these cameras must be covertly hidden inside a trucks cabin. I also want to do remote viewing. Do anyone know of a company that might be supplying this in South Africa?

Thanks

Gawie

Howzit Gawie,

Perhaps I can help ? PM me your details and I will contact you directly and/or otherwise send mail to sales@selectronix.co.za. There is product available here in S.A. to do the job with a proven track record. Q: Where are you based and are you an end-user or installer ?

Sean

The Servision is one of the units available to me that I had in mind. I've tested it out and it's a great little unit. In fact GE over here is OEM selling the product. The other is a South African product called FleetVue that comes ready packaged (shock mounts, power conditioning etc). It's also purpose designed for vehicle applications and has a host of other features. Go to http://www.visioncatcher.co.za . The real challenge of course is getting remote views on the move to a PDA. There are several routes to go in this country for true mobile data use: 1) GPRS - don't waste your time for bandwidth, but it is available in just about every mobile network area 2) 3G - works great but gets fairly expensive for video use, falls back to GPRS if in a marginal area 3) I-Burst via mobile networks - works great, but is more useful in semi-mobile applications where there's coverage 4) Sentech's services called V-Sat and MyWireless - V-Sat = $$$$ and MyWireless = polaroids are more reliable.

Well, Mace Security Products OEM's the SVG400 here in th US. The only problem they have been having is the Air Card. There is only 1 air card that is supported and it is the Sierra Wireless 555d. The card is old and uses Verizon CDMA so bandwidth is very narrow. Also will not keep a connected signal for more than 24 hours. I dont know if servision has yet to resolve that problem. I am sure there are other air card options for other countries.

Good Luck let us know what you decide.

Our company offers a special automotive DVR - DiREX-Pro.A30:

[link edited]

This small non-PC based DVR provides embedded web server and is accessible via any TCP/IP connection. It realizes the best video compression/quality ration (approx. 1-150kbps) available today and therefore is also perfect suitable for 3G/UMTS/GPRS (e.g. for emergency connection) or WLAN (e.g. revise needed data after vehicle returned) remote access.

Under following URL it is possible to check the video quality and test necessary bandwidth:

http://www.direx-pro.com

For access to recorded data please use ID/password: "test"/"test"

our NTSC equipment is available via UDT:

[edited: please no links back to personal sites]

You can't beat this mobile DVR for the price.... Many police departments have this unit installed and have been very happy with the product.
there are many users, who are happy with KIA Sorento - e.g. Andre Agassi...

however some users still buy ML from Mercedes or X5 from BMW...