myplace46

Pelco Matrix system

Hi,

Do we have anyone here with Pelco Matrix System experience?

I'm trying to set up a system that includes: the DX8100 dvr

9760 matrix bay, 9700 CC1, 9760-CXT, 9760 MDA, 9760 key board, ect.

Thanks,

John

Putting it all together is pretty simple... most systems if you got straight from pelco give you a port assignment for all the equipment. only hard part is programming thru the DOS system in the CC1...

Except it's not necessary to program the system through the DOS interface. The CM9700-MGR program eases the job considerably. Copy the flat files from the CC1 to a floppy, import them into the System Manager program, edit whatever you want, make new flat files and load them onto the CC1; then just restart the CC1 and you're in business. You can even have multiple sets of flat files with different filenames on the CC1 - you just have to edit the autoexec.bat file through DOS Editor and change the name of the files it points to.

The later versions of CM9700-MGR even automatically prevent conflicts and assign the next SERCOM port in line when you add devices. No need to remember which port does what.

My only complaint is the requirement to use floppy disks to transfer flat files back and forth. You'd think they would find another way. Although there are no DOS drivers for USB interfaces, there are drivers for CDROM drives. Or maybe use the RS232 port.

Thanks to both of you for the reply.

Looks like I jumped the gun on asking for help right now, turns out I have to wait for a power supply to

arrive for my 9760 keyboard before I can do much of anything. Plus my MDA just went on the fritz. have another one on the way.

Last week, I hooked up my system manager PC to the CC1 and used the wizard to set up node 1. After I set it up, it showed no CC1 and no MDA.

Also didn't show any cameras views except one. I know I'm in way over my head on this but, I'm trying...

Survrecn, what you are telling me about transferring files to the CC1 via dos, is a bit confusing to me but, must be where I'm messing up. After I

get the keyboard power supply and jump back into this, I'm sure I'll have some specific questions I'll need some help on.

Thanks again guys, this site rocks.

Cheers,

John

Yes, you should either copy the flat files from the CC1 to floppy and import them into System Manager or just do all programming in System Manager and copy the flat files to the CC1. In either case, System Manager (at least the later versions) allows you to program all ports, change settings and even program the MDA. It takes a bit to learn but is well worth it. You can't make major config changes via System Manager hooked up to the serial port. But you have to use that method to change keyboard programming, however.

http://195.70.43.12/Pelco/c1559mf.pdf

Here is the exact text from the manual:

"TRANSFERRING SYSTEM SETTINGS TO THE CC1

If you make changes to the *.psm file, you must transfer the updated system settings to the CC1, as described below.

NOTE:

If you do not make any changes to the system settings that were customized for you at the factory, you do not need to transfer system settings to the CC1, because this has been done at the factory.

The CM9700-MGR provides the following options for transferring system settings to the CC1:

Live Update

: This option can transfer many incremental changes to the CC1, but it cannot transfer all of the system settings. The following types of changes are not supported:

• Adding or removing devices

• Changes to macros and messages

• Certain “node” level changes

If you attempt a Live Update after making changes that are not supported, an error message will inform you that you must use the Export To Configuration Files option.

NOTE:

The CM9700-MGR also provides an option for updating MDA titles. Refer to "Using the Update MDA Titling Function to Send Camera Titles to CM9760-MDA Units" in the "How to Add a CM9760-MDA Master Distribution Amplifier" section for instructions.

Creating Configuration Files for the CC1

(Export to Configuration Files): Use this option to configure a completely new system or if the Live Update process ends with the “Live Update feature can NOT be performed…” message. The process consists of the following tasks:

• Using the Export to Configuration Files feature in the CM9700-MGR software to create a set of configuration files for each node in your system. These configuration files can be saved to floppy disks.

• Copying the configuration files from the floppy disks to the CC1."

Does anyone know if the 9700-MGR software can be downloaded from the pelco site? or can someone send to me by email? I've purchased a CM9700-CC1, CM9760-MXB, 6800E 48x8, KBD300a and 9760kbd (all off ebay) and will be attempting to configure the 6800e as a satellite device via tie lines. This is all for a lab environment so I can prepare for a clients production environment.

Thanks

You must use the version that is currently running on the CM9700 Matrix Switcher. Here are some examples:

- 7.80.003 .EXE w/ Version 7.80.003 Sys Mgr

- 8.03.012 .EXE w/ Version 8.03.017 Sys Mgr

- 9.02. * * *.EXE w/ Version 9.02.060 Sys Mgr

- 9.03. * * *.EXE w/ Version 9.03.032 Sys Mgr

Pelco CM9760 Software Archives: ftp://ftp.pelco.com/SupportSoftware/CM97XXSoftware/9760