just got a set of specifications for a camera dvr system that is calling for a 32 cam DVR. We have put in quite a few 16 cam systems but I would appreciate any info on a 32 cam /480 record systems.

Thanks

Thanks for the help I guess I should have worded my question differently I can find several 32 cam systems but am trying to avoid being burned by the people who put more into their website than their product.

if u are looking for 32cameras

i think best and cost effective way is go for 32 cameras with ComART dvr board with Luxriot dvr software.

anyone here know beside ComART dvr board can support up tp 32 cameras with its expand of doughter board, ANY OTHER dvr board in the market can support up to 32 cameras in a single motherboard?

sound interesting in saving cost...earn monehy hehe

You want to adopt soft-compressed or hard-compressed DVR boards? This is the first question.

Actually, you have many options, since 32ch is not the utmost

One other card to consider would be the AVermedia NV6480EXP series. 2 of this card stack together will give you 960fps in a properly configured PC (they are PCI-Express cards by itself so you need a mobo that has 2 PCI-X slots) That's if you need that much fps.

Airship SD Series (airshipdvr dot com)

The Airship SD Series is optimized for small to mid-sized installations. Using identical software and video encoder hardware as the HD, the Airship SD Series offers the same excellent quality H.264 recordings at a very a competitive price.

* H.264 video compression for the highest quality at the smallest storage size

* Records up to 32 cameras of CIF at 30 fps per channel

* Records up to 16 cameras of 4CIFat 30 fps per channel

* Up to 3 TB of dedicated recording storage

* All in a rack mountable chassis designed for easy installation and setup

The Airship SD Series comes with the easy-to-use and configure Airship Software that drives all of our solutions—at Airship, "more powerful" doesn't mean "more difficult." Airship Server can be used stand-alone or with the Airship Client, a feature rich package that provides remote live view, playback, full server configuration settings, and a host of other user-friendly features.

OPTIONS

Channels:

16 or 32 CIF

Configurable for

8 or 16 4CIF

Storage, Terabytes:

1, 2, and 3 TB

hehe,netvision hardware compression cards can support maximum 64 ch.

You mean NetVision software can support 64 channels, I seen the DS-40XX-XXX cards run 128 channels 2CIF @ 3200 FPS recording speed in PAL. (3840 in NTSC). So you should get your engineers work harder!

My personal feeling is that better to stop at 32Ch system and then buy several instead. Get pretty small those images for preview anyway!

There are many 32Channels out there now, I think I would have gone for a hardware compression unit since software compression on so many channels need a very good compression technique giving both good recordings as well as not go over the top on the CPU. For instance I did setup a 32 channel for a nightclub here earlier using 4 X 8ch. HW compression cards recording in 2 CIF @ 25 FPS PAL on each channel using between 12 to 20 % of the CPU and I used 1GB memory even the supplier said 512MB was enough and I think 512MB would be enough. Anyway I did also test Geovision GV-1480 and GV-2008 X 2 cards as well and they did have a much more higher use of CPU, so I think maybe the reason that Geovision havent released any 32channels yet is because of if you wanna record 2CIF @ 25FPS, 4CIF @ 25FPS or 4CIF @ 12FPS or better, the PC's on the market is not good enough yet to bring up a stable system.

In the future we will offcourse see more often 32,64,128 and maybe even more, but why use only 1 PC for 128 channels, if your PC goes down you losse it all, so I think better stop at 32 and make the video quality better, because I am far from satisfied with the quality the DVR's is giving me today!

If you look for a quality supplier look for 1 that have been around for at least 5 years, check up on the manufacturer, use babelfish to translate the asia writing to english, sometimes you will see that information written on the english and the chineese is not comparable.

JD

JD

JD

We supply a 32 channel DVR to Tesco here in the UK, and the platform is proving very reliable. Have a look at the SNIP for more details.

EDITED CR: Promotional posting