Sign in to follow this  
Roger Smith

Problems with my DiViS 24008H capture board.

I have worked with Chance-i exclusively in the past, but I am having problems with LIVE video, and video playback. I just bought a DiViS 24008H capture board directly from DiViS and am having all kinds of trouble with it. I first installed the card on the computer I use as my main DVR. Hardware specs are as follows

Intel Motherboard DG43NB 1.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Processor

1GB of RAM

320GB SATA WD Hard Drive for the OS

1 TB SATA WD Hard Drive for Storage ( Sorry, don't know the specs off hand, but it isn't one of the "green" drives. It is a drive designed specifically for surveillance video.)

Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3, 32-bit

And I was using the onboard Intel Graphics adapter.

The card worked in THIS configuration, but I was getting distortion with fast moving objects, and when I used my PTZ.

202327_1.jpg

If you look closely at the tail lights on this second one, you can see the blur.

202327_2.jpg

The card is now running on a computer I use all the time. Hardware specs

Asus motherboard P5KPL-CM (G31) 2.40 GHz Intel Celeron Processor (also on the compatible/recommended list)

2 GB of Ram

Windows 7 64-bit

ATI Radeon HD5670

Same Storage drive

No difference in video quality. The reason I am running it on the Asus is that I tried to get the card to work with Windows 7 64-bit on the Intel and for some odd reason the driver for the capture board would not load. I tried everything, ordered a new processor INTEL Core 2 Duo 2.66 GHz , ordered the ATI card which wouldn't work at all with the capture board no matter what I tried. I tried Windows 7 32 bit and had the same exact problems with the 64 bit version, it only works with windows xp 32 on the Intel. I finally got both the capture board and ATI card to work on the Asus motherboard, and here we are. Very frustrating, would appreciate any help I can get!

I have worked with Chance-i exclusively in the past, but I am having problems with LIVE video, and video playback. I just bought a DiViS 24008H capture board directly from DiViS and am having all kinds of trouble with it. I first installed the card on the computer I use as my main DVR. Hardware specs are as follows

Intel Motherboard DG43NB 1.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Processor

1GB of RAM

320GB SATA WD Hard Drive for the OS

1 TB SATA WD Hard Drive for Storage ( Sorry, don't know the specs off hand, but it isn't one of the "green" drives. It is a drive designed specifically for surveillance video.)

Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3, 32-bit

And I was using the onboard Intel Graphics adapter.

The card worked in THIS configuration, but I was getting distortion with fast moving objects, and when I used my PTZ.

202327_1.jpg

If you look closely at the tail lights on this second one, you can see the blur.

202327_2.jpg

Those horizontal lines also appear in the live video. I am running all the latest drivers for the capture board, ATI card, chipset drivers, and Direct X. I even updated my system BIOS. I tweaked all the settings in the catalyst control center and nothing. This card is useless with this kind of distortion. By the way the recording resolution is 704*480 and the codec is H.264. I tried tweaking the compression settings n the DVR setup, nothing works. The camera being used is a Pelco DD53CBW Spectra III. I must say that I am really disappointed with DiViS and am probably going to move away from their products

202342_1.jpg

On the low res DiViS card I was using, I would be able to read this plate, i kid you not (res 640*480) Either my settings are not right, or this card is absolute junk.