gadfly

Bitrate, Res & Framerate

Since getting the general feeling Dahua is the accepted MOTR DVR I went looking at their plethora of 16 channel DVRs. Still have one question since advertising is only advertising.... using the Model DVR-LT16480MHD as an example of their 16 channel D1, it appears listed as able to record D1 on all channels at 30fps simultaneously. What it doesn't say, is at what bitrate.

I know someone here knows about this model or it's variant... can anyone advise what the max bitrate is of all those 16 channels being recorded at D1 30fps? Does the bitrate automatically drop to garbage or does each channel stay at whatever it's set at in the DVR?

Thanks

Not sure if it's the same model as yours, but this is a Dahua 16 channel DVR that I have in the field up and running. The main stream and extra stream bit rate is going to be different. A cell phone and a PC cannot handle the same bit rate. Here is a screen shot of channel 1's settings.

202479_1.jpg

I watched that video from sck and saw them discuss the bitrate thing for local and streamed. It looks like you're using the software to connect to the DVR and make adjustments. Have you turned all cameras on constant record at D1 at the same time? If you did, did you see a CBR from all cameras? Also, I see in the software there's reference up to 5k for the main channel, can this be bumped up higher or is 5k max for all cameras?

Thanks for your reply btw!